Missed out on Record Store Day 2019? Have no fear, we’ve got you covered! Grab the last few copies of our Record Store Day vinyl now!
Limited Edition Record Store Day releases from Bananarama and Roger Glover and Friends are available now:
GET ROGER GLOVER & FRIENDS: THE BUTTERFLY BALL & THE GRASSHOPPERS FEAST, LIMITED EDITION DOUBLE LP HERE
Roger Glover & Friends: The Butterfly Ball & The Grasshoppers Feast, Limited Edition Purple Vinyl Double LP
Deep Purple were originally signed in 1968 to Parlophone Records, before switching to EMI’s progressive imprint, Harvest, the following year. Purple Records was set up in 1971 to release future Deep Purple’s records, from “Machine Head” onwards. It was also home to various side projects from the band members, including artists that they had discovered and were developing. The label would eventually become home to solo releases from Jon Lord, David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes, as well as early releases from Michael Des Barres’ Silverhead and Ronnie James Dio’s original band, Elf.
After an extensive campaign of expanded reissues from the resurrected Purple Records by Deep Purple’s Jon Lord and from Glenn Hughes, Silverhead, Elf and Hard Stuff, Cherry Red are proud to announce the new 2 LP edition of The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper’s Feast, expanded to a double album for the first time.
After leaving Purple in 1973, Roger Glover was asked to compose music to the illustrated book of the same name by William Plomer and Alan Aldridge. His first major project since leaving Purple, Roger was able to enlist many top names to help him realise his vision, including Glenn Hughes, who was then in Deep Purple, as well as Elf’s Micky Lee Soule and Ronnie James Dio.
As well as the remastered original album, it now features a second LP that includes demos and alternative mixes, the non-album single ‘Little Chalk Blue’ featuring future Uriah Heep singer John Lawton, plus excerpts from the rare Butterfly Ball Radio Special; a 1974 promo only release where the album’s creator and producer, Roger Glover, discusses and explains the story behind the creation of this project.
Presenter in a gatefold sleeve replicating the original artwork with illustrated lyrics, Malcolm Dome has written an essay based on interviews with Roger, and pressed on strictly limited edition Purple vinyl.
ROGER GLOVER AND FRIENDS:
“THE BUTTERFLY BALL AND THE GRASSHOPPER’S FEAST”
2. GET READY (featuring Glenn Hughes)
3. SAFFRON DORMOUSE AND LIZZY BEE (featuring Helen Chappelle & Barry St. John)
4. HARLEQUIN HARE (featuring Neil Lancaster)
5. OLD BLIND MOLE (featuring John Goodison)
6. MAGICIAN MOTH
7. NO SOLUTION (featuring Mickey Lee Soule)
8. BEHIND THE SMILE (featuring David Coverdale)
9. FLY AWAY (featuring Liza Strike)
11. SITTING IN A DREAM (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
13. SIR MAXIMUS MOUSE (featuring Eddie Hardin)
14. DREAMS OF SIR BEDIVERE
15. TOGETHER AGAIN (featuring Tony Ashton)
16. WATCH OUT FOR THE BAT (featuring John Gustafson)
17. LITTLE CHALK BLUE (featuring John Lawton)
18. THE FEAST
19. LOVE IS ALL (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
20. HOMEWARD (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
SIDE THREE: BONUS TRACKS
1. LOVE IS ALL (DEMO VERSION)
2. DAWN (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
3. HARLEQUIN HARE (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
4. MAGICIAN MOTH (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
5. NO SOLUTION (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
6. WAITING (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
7. FLY AWAY (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
8. ARANEA (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
9. LITTLE CHALK BLUE (7” SINGLE 1975)
THE ROGER GLOVER BUTTERFLY BALL RADIO SPECIAL – 1974
Bananarama: Viva, Limited Edition Coloured Vinyl Double LP
The first ever release on vinyl of Bananarama’s tenth studio album “Viva” from 2009 is especially for Record Store Day 2019 with the agreement of Bananarama and their management. The album, their most electro sounding, was a collaboration with celebrated producer, composer, songwriter Ian Masterson whose credits include work with Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue and Girls Aloud.
This double LP set is pressed on electric blue coloured vinyls as an expanded edition of the original album, the eleven tracks of which comprise the first record in the package.
The ten bonus tracks, which make up the second vinyl in the set, are an assortment of rare cover versions which were bonus tracks on the original digital album release or as B-sides on limited edition vinyl singles from the time.
These are complimented by contemporaneously released remakes of Bananarama classics ‘Every Shade Of Blue ’10’ and ‘Cruel Summer ’09’ alongside three extended dance mixes of the commercially, or promotionally, released singles from the album; ‘Love Comes’, ‘Love Don’t Live Here’ and ‘The Runner’.
The packaging recreates the original CD artwork in a gatefold LP sleeve format that features album lyrics alongside promotional photos of the band.
1. LOVE COMES
2. LOVE DON’T LIVE HERE
1. TELL ME TOMORROW
2. THE RUNNER
4. DUM DUM BOY
5. S-S-S-SINGLE BED
6. WE’VE GOT THE NIGHT
1. THE SOUND OF SILENCE
2. RUN TO YOU
3. VOYAGE, VOYAGE
4. TOKYO JOE
5. HERE COMES THE RAIN
6. EVERY SHADE OF BLUE ’10
1. THE RUNNER (BUZZ JUNKIES 12” MIX)
2. LOVE DON’T LIVE HERE (IAN MASTERSON’S EXTENDED MIX)
3. LOVE COMES (WIDEBOYS CLUB MIX)
4. CRUEL SUMMER ’09
Bananarama: Drama, Limited Edition Coloured Vinyl Double LP
The first ever vinyl edition of Bananarama’s ninth studio album is issued especially for Record Store Day as an expanded double album pressed on burgundy coloured vinyl.
The release has been developed with the agreement of Bananarama. This edition includes the whole original album, plus nine bonus tracks.
This extra material includes the original CD single bonus track ‘Live In The Sun’ as well as the original CD album bonus tracks ‘Venus (Marc Almond’s Hi-NRG Showgirls Mix)’ and ‘Really Saying Something (Salasso Mix)’.
The rest of side three and side four showcase the best of the dance remixes and promotional dance edits of the album’s two electro-pop singles ‘Move In My Direction’ and ‘Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango)’.
This double LP release recreates the original CD album artwork in a gatefold sleeve format that features album lyrics and pictures of the band.
1. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION
2. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO)
5. FEEL FOR YOU
6. DON’T STEP ON MY GROOVE
1. MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
2. I LOVE THE WAY
3. LOVE BITE
4. RULES OF ATTRACTION
5. YOUR LOVE IS LIKE A DRUG
6. LIVE IN THE SUN
1. VENUS (MARC ALMOND’S HI-NRG SHOWGIRLS MIX)
2. REALLY SAYING SOMETHING (SALASSO MIX)
3. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (LOVEFREEKZ RADIO EDIT)
4. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (ANGEL CITY SHORT MIX)
5. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (ANGEL CITY REMIX EDIT)
1. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (SALASSO REMIX)
2. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (BOBBY BLANCO AND MIKI MOTO VOCAL MIX)
3. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (SOUL SEEKERZ REMIX)