We recently announced the next release in our Toyah reissue-series! ‘The Blue Meaning’ is remastered and expanded across 2CD/1DVD, and also available on incredible neon pink vinyl. Feast your eyes on these and click through to find out more:
Toyah: The Blue Meaning, 2CD/1DVD Expanded Deluxe Edition
• 2CD+1DVD digipak with a fully illustrated 24-page booklet containing a brand new introductory note from Toyah, plus rare and unseen imagery including album cover outtakes taken at Wykehurst Place, a gothic revival mansion in Bolney, Sussex.
• This expanded edition features 27 remastered bonus tracks including single mixes, live tracks, rarities and unheard demos. Amongst the 20 previously unreleased tracks are the final recordings made by this band line-up including ‘Silence Won’t Do’ and ‘Jack & Jill’, as seen being recorded on the 1980 ITV documentary “Toyah” and have been long awaited by fans for forty years. The very first demo of ‘Angels & Demons’ recorded at Eel Pie Studios, an Alternate Vocal take of ‘Blue Meanings’ with the previously unheard original longer song outro and three tracks recorded live at the ICA London all make their release debuts.
• A sleevenote by Toyah’s archivist Craig Astley with input from Toyah Willcox and Joel Bogen which for the first time chronicles the creation of the album and reveals the recording origins of the bonus material.
• Includes a DVD (NTSC/Region Free) containing three brand new features with Toyah Willcox; an interview about the album/period, a track-by-track album commentary plus an exclusive acoustic three-song session of songs from the era – all filmed October 2020.
• The DVD also includes rare archive BBC TV performances of ‘Mummies’ and ‘Danced’ from Friday Night, Saturday Morning (November 1980) available on DVD for the first time ever.
• First 300 copies include an exclusive postcard SIGNED BY TOYAH featuring a previously unseen image from the album cover shoot (photo exclusive to the 2CD+1DVD package)
Toyah: The Blue Meaning, Limited Edition Coloured Vinyl LP
Strictly limited edition neon pink coloured vinyl echoing Toyah’s hair colour from the back sleeve and the colourful glow surrounding the gothic mansion, Wykehurst Place in Sussex on the LP’s front cover artwork. Brand new inner bag features rare and unseen imagery of Toyah. Official lyrics for the album are also included.