Record Store Day 2019 will take place on Saturday 13th April 2019.
Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 200 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion. Thousands more shops celebrate the day around the globe in what’s become one of the biggest annual events on the music calendar.
Take a look at all the exclusive Vinyl titles we will be releasing for this years Record Store Day…
THE RESIDENTS – B.S, LP pREServed EDITION
1. WE STOLE THIS RIFF
4. DEEPSEA DIVER SONG
5. KING KONG
6. CANTATEN TO DER DYIN PRUNEN
1. INTRO TAPE/SOMETHIN’ DEVILISH
2. N. SENADA TRIBUTE
3. THE FOURTH CRUCIFIXION
4. JAMES DEAN’S DEATH
5. VERY LONG SUITE (INCORPORATING PINK LEMONADE, SANDMAN, EAT ME MOTHER, BUMBLE BEE, ELOISE, KAMIKAZE LADY, D IS FOR DOORKNOB, THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, ASSORTED ANNOUNCEMENTS, SNAKEFINGER’S WEDDING AND A SELECTION OF UN-TITLED INSTRUMENTALS).
Recorded in 1971 in the hope of securing the group a recording contract, and sent to Warner Bros Records in early 1972, ‘BS’ has become a cornerstone of The Residents’ mythology. Rejected by Warner Bros Records, the album was disowned by the group and remained long-forgotten until its recent rediscovery as part of their ongoing archival excavations.
Two must-hear sides of deep fried experimentia, post-lysergic explorations, primitive home recordings and Residential nonsense.
Essential listening for any fan of The Residents, underground and experimental music of the 1970s, home recording or the downright ridiculous. This is carefree, boundary free and unruly music at its best, as produced by a collective of no discernible talent who, despite all indications and expectations, have endured for almost half a century.
Legendary… Seminal… Genius… all or none of these words may apply. The Residents themselves remain silent on the matter.
Part of The Residents’ ongoing pREServed reissue series.
• Never before released in any format!
• The 1971 sequel to last year’s hit RSD release, ‘The W***** B*** Album’.
• Remastered from the original tapes.
• Artwork features original unseen imagery and artefacts from The Residents’ archive.
• Produced in partnership with The Residents and The Cryptic Corporation.
1. ALTON TOWERS
2. WOLF KIDULT MAN
3. 50-YEAR-OLD MAN
4. I’VE BEEN DUPED
2. CAN CAN SUMMER
3. TOMMY SHOOTER
4. LATCH KEY KID
5. IS THIS NEW
6. SENIOR TWILIGHT STOCK REPLACER
7. EXPLODING CHIMNEY
THE FALL – IMPERIAL WAX SOLVENT LP
• Released in April 2008, this was the bands twentieth album and the only one for Sanctuary via their new owners Universal.
• The album featured a new British-based line-up after the departures of the American musicians who had been recruited to salvage a 2006 tour of the US. Mark E. Smith, keyboardist Elena Poulou and bassist Dave Spurr remain from the previous incarnation. They were joined on Imperial by guitarist Pete Greenway and drummer Keiron Melling.
• The album was well received and charted at no 35 in the UK album charts.
• This vinyl version is one of the most sought-after albums on that format as the initial pressing amounted to around 1000 copies.
• This yellow vinyl limited edition has been re-mastered by long term Fall engineer Andy Pearce.
BANANRAMA – VIVA, 2LP
1. LOVE COMES
2. LOVE DON’T LIVE HERE
1. TELL ME TOMORROW
2. THE RUNNER
4. DUM DUM BOY
5. S-S-S-SINGLE BED
6. WE’VE GOT THE NIGHT
1. THE SOUND OF SILENCE
2. RUN TO YOU
3. VOYAGE, VOYAGE
4. TOKYO JOE
5. HERE COMES THE RAIN
6. EVERY SHADE OF BLUE ’10
1. THE RUNNER (BUZZ JUNKIES 12” MIX)
2. LOVE DON’T LIVE HERE (IAN MASTERSON’S EXTENDED MIX)
3. LOVE COMES (WIDEBOYS CLUB MIX)
4. CRUEL SUMMER ’09
• The first ever release on vinyl of Bananarama’s tenth studio album “Viva” from 2009 is especially for Record Store Day 2019 with the agreement of Bananarama and their management. The album, their most electro sounding, was a collaboration with celebrated producer, composer, songwriter Ian Masterson whose credits include work with Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue and Girls Aloud.
• This double LP set is pressed on electric blue coloured vinyls as an expanded edition of the original album, the eleven tracks of which comprise the first record in the package.
• The ten bonus tracks, which make up the second vinyl in the set, are an assortment of rare cover versions which were bonus tracks on the original digital album release or as B-sides on limited edition vinyl singles from the time.
• These are complimented by contemporaneously released remakes of Bananarama classics ‘Every Shade Of Blue ’10’ and ‘Cruel Summer ’09’ alongside three extended dance mixes of the commercially, or promotionally, released singles from the album; ‘Love Comes’, ‘Love Don’t Live Here’ and ‘The Runner’.
• The packaging recreates the original CD artwork in a gatefold LP sleeve format that features album lyrics alongside promotional photos of the band.
1. VENUS (MARC ALMOND’S HI-NRG SHOWGIRLS MIX)
2. REALLY SAYING SOMETHING (SALASSO MIX)
3. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (LOVEFREEKZ RADIO EDIT)
4. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (ANGEL CITY SHORT MIX)
5. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (ANGEL CITY REMIX EDIT)
1. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (SALASSO REMIX)
2. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION (BOBBY BLANCO AND MIKI MOTO VOCAL MIX)
3. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO) (SOUL SEEKERZ REMIX)
1. MOVE IN MY DIRECTION
2. LOOK ON THE FLOOR (HYPNOTIC TANGO)
5. FEEL FOR YOU
6. DON’T STEP ON MY GROOVE
1. MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
2. I LOVE THE WAY
3. LOVE BITE
4. RULES OF ATTRACTION
5. YOUR LOVE IS LIKE A DRUG
6. LIVE IN THE SUN
BANANRAMA – DRAMA, 2LP
• The first ever vinyl edition of Bananarama’s ninth studio album is issued especially for Record Store Day as an expanded double album pressed on burgundy coloured vinyl.
• The release has been developed with the agreement of Bananarama. This edition includes the whole original album, plus nine bonus tracks.
• This extra material includes the original CD single bonus track ‘Live In The Sun’ as well as the original CD album bonus tracks ‘Venus (Marc Almond’s Hi-NRG Showgirls Mix)’ and ‘Really Saying Something (Salasso Mix)’.
• The rest of side three and side four showcase the best of the dance remixes and promotional dance edits of the album’s two electro-pop singles ‘Move In My Direction’ and ‘Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango)’.
• This double LP release recreates the original CD album artwork in a gatefold sleeve format that features album lyrics and pictures of the band.
ROGER GLOVER AND FRIENDS – The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper’s Feast – LIMITED EDITION PURPLE VINYL DOUBLE LP
ROGER GLOVER AND FRIENDS:
“THE BUTTERFLY BALL AND THE GRASSHOPPER’S FEAST”
2. GET READY (featuring Glenn Hughes)
3. SAFFRON DORMOUSE AND LIZZY BEE (featuring Helen Chappelle & Barry St. John)
4. HARLEQUIN HARE (featuring Neil Lancaster)
5. OLD BLIND MOLE (featuring John Goodison)
6. MAGICIAN MOTH
7. NO SOLUTION (featuring Mickey Lee Soule)
8. BEHIND THE SMILE (featuring David Coverdale)
9. FLY AWAY (featuring Liza Strike)
11. SITTING IN A DREAM (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
13. SIR MAXIMUS MOUSE (featuring Eddie Hardin)
14. DREAMS OF SIR BEDIVERE
15. TOGETHER AGAIN (featuring Tony Ashton)
16. WATCH OUT FOR THE BAT (featuring John Gustafson)
17. LITTLE CHALK BLUE (featuring John Lawton)
18. THE FEAST
19. LOVE IS ALL (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
20. HOMEWARD (featuring Ronnie James Dio)
SIDE THREE: BONUS TRACKS
1. LOVE IS ALL (DEMO VERSION)
2. DAWN (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
3. HARLEQUIN HARE (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
4. MAGICIAN MOTH (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
5. NO SOLUTION (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
6. WAITING (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
7. FLY AWAY (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
8. ARANEA (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
9. LITTLE CHALK BLUE (7” SINGLE 1975)
THE ROGER GLOVER BUTTERFLY BALL RADIO SPECIAL – 1974
• Deep Purple were originally signed in 1968 to Parlophone Records, before switching to EMI’s progressive imprint, Harvest, the following year. Purple Records was set up in 1971 to release future Deep Purple’s records, from “Machine Head” onwards. It was also home to various side projects from the band members, including artists that they had discovered and were developing. The label would eventually become home to solo releases from Jon Lord, David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes, as well as early releases from Michael Des Barres’ Silverhead and Ronnie James Dio’s original band, Elf.
• After an extensive campaign of expanded reissues from the resurrected Purple Records by Deep Purple’s Jon Lord and from Glenn Hughes, Silverhead, Elf and Hard Stuff, Cherry Red are proud to announce the new 2 LP edition of The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper’s Feast, expanded to a double album for the first time.
• After leaving Purple in 1973, Roger Glover was asked to compose music to the illustrated book of the same name by William Plomer and Alan Aldridge. His first major project since leaving Purple, Roger was able to enlist many top names to help him realise his vision, including Glenn Hughes, who was then in Deep Purple, as well as Elf’s Micky Lee Soule and Ronnie James Dio.
• As well as the remastered original album, it now features a second LP that includes demos and alternative mixes, the non-album single ‘Little Chalk Blue’ featuring future Uriah Heep singer John Lawton, plus excerpts from the rare Butterfly Ball Radio Special; a 1974 promo only release where the album’s creator and producer, Roger Glover, discusses and explains the story behind the creation of this project.
• Presenter in a gatefold sleeve replicating the original artwork with illustrated lyrics, Malcolm Dome has written an essay based on interviews with Roger, and pressed on strictly limited edition Purple vinyl.
2. RARE BIRD
TANGERINE DREAM – Poland, The Warsaw Concert – LIMITED EDITION CLEAR VINYL DOUBLE LP
• A LIMITED CLEAR VINYL DOUBLE LP EDITION OF TANGERINE DREAM’S CLASSIC 1984 ALBUM RECORDED IN WARSAW ON 10th DECEMBER 1983 FOR RECORD STORE DAY 2019
• A FACSIMILIE OF THE ORIGINAL DOUBLE ALBUM
• CUT AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
• LAVISH ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings’ Reactive label is pleased to announce the release of a limited clear vinyl double LP edition of the album “Poland – The Warsaw Concert” by Tangerine Dream for Record Store Day 2019.
On the 10th December 1983 Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmolling performed a legendary concert in the Ice Stadium in Warsaw – a unique event, given the political situation in Poland at the time and the rise of the Solidarity movement. The resulting live album was issued as a double album set on the Jive Electro label the following year to great acclaim.
This Esoteric Reactive release has been cut at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and fully restores the original gatefold LP artwork and inner sleeves and is a fitting and special release for Record Store Day 2019.
HUMBLE PIE – Official Bootleg Collection Vol 1 – LIMITED EDITION 180 GRAM DOUBLE LP
ARIE CROWN THEATRE,
CHICAGO 22ND SEPTEMBER 1972
2. UP OUR SLEEVE
3. HONKY TONK WOMEN
4. I WONDER
5. FOUR DAY CREEP
SHIBUYA KOKAIDO TOKYO 16TH MAY 1973
1. I BELIEVE TO MY SOUL
2. HOT ‘N’ NASTY
3. OH LA-DE-DA
CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL GROUND
18TH MAY 1974
2. WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT
3. LET ME BE YOUR LOVEMAKER
4. I DON’T NEED NO DOCTOR
RAINBOW THEATRE, LONDON 6TH JUNE 1974
2. 30 DAYS IN THE HOLE
3. SWEET PEACE AND TIME
4. C’MON EVERYBODY
• Humble Pie’s “Official Bootleg Collection Volume 1” is a raw testament to what this band did best; playing bluesy, gutsy, soulful and often hard rock, live on stage to an adoring audience. Drawn from a variety of mainly audience recordings that have previously only been available as “under the counter” pirate releases, this is an honest, and often unforgiving tribute to a classic and much missed 70s super-group, released with full involvement from Pie founder member and drummer, Jerry Shirley.
• Originally emerging from the remnants of 60s beat heroes, The Small Faces, Humble Pie formed in 1969 when mercurial guitarist and vocalist Steve Marriott joined forces with The Herd’s Peter Frampton, with drummer Jerry Shirley and bassist Greg Ridley.
• After two albums for Immediate Records, Humble Pie switched to A&M, and began their ascent to conquering the theatres and arenas of North America, culminating in 1972’s double live “Performance: Rockin’ The Filmore”. Frampton then left to pursue a highly acclaimed solo career, to be replaced by Clem Clempson. It was this line-up that was captured at the Arie Crown Theatre, Chicago on 22nd September 1972, whilst touring to promote that year’s “Smokin’” opus, from which ‘Up Our Sleeve’, ‘Honky Tonk Women’, ‘I Wonder’ and ‘Four Day Creep’ were taken.
• With the band’s growing worldwide reputation, the band toured Japan, playing the Shibuya Kokaido in Tokyo on 16th May 1973. They were touring to promote the “Eat It” album, from which Ray Charles’ ‘I Believe To My Soul’ was featured, followed by ‘Hot ‘N’ Nasty’, with a set that ended with a rip-roaring take of the Staple Singers’ ‘Oh La-De-Da’.
• There’s no doubting that the 70s saw some legendary, unmissable bills, and the show held at Charlton Athletic Football Ground on 18th May 1974 was no exception, where Humble Pie guested alongside Lou Reed and Bad Company at a concert headlined by The Who. Kicking off with the Small Faces’ classic ‘Whatcha Gonna Do About It’, Humble Pie were at the peak of their live powers before a capacity crowd. The selection from Charlton is followed by betty Wright’s ‘Let Me Be Your Lovemaker’ and Ray Charles’s ‘I Don’t Need No Doctor’. Side Four of this double LP ends with four songs recorded at Finsbury Park’s legendary Rainbow Theatre, on 6th June 1974; ‘Thunderbox’, the title track of their then new album, plus live faves ‘30 Days In The Hole’, ‘Sweet Peace And Time’ and ‘C’Mon Everybody’.
• As well as rare memorabilia, the LP gatefold features an essay from Malcolm Dome based on new interviews with The Pie’s Jerry Shirley.
• Whilst every effort has been made to produce the best possible audio, limitations in the material drawn from various, non-standard, and unofficial sources means that the quality may not be up to the standard usually expected. All tracks have been included for their historical importance, and to present an alternative vinyl anthology of Humble Pie live on stage from 1972-1974.