For the first time, a complete collection of Chad & Jeremy’s 1963-1964 recordings for UK indie label Ember, which were licensed to the US indie World Artists.
• For the first time, a complete collection of Chad & Jeremy’s 1963-1964 recordings for UK indie label Ember, which were licensed to the US indie World Artists.
• The British duo only enjoyed one domestic hit, ‘Yesterday’s Gone’ (UK #37, US #21), but rode the British Invasion wave in the States, racking up an additional five hits, including the perennial ‘A Summer Song’ (#7), as well as ‘Willow Weep For Me’ (#15), ‘If I Loved You’ (#23), ‘What Do You Want With Me’ (#51) and ‘From A Window’ (#97), before being snapped up by major label Columbia.
• Their repertoire of pop originals, folk songs and standards was delivered in a distinctive soft-pop style with accompaniment ranging from simple acoustic to beat electric and lush orchestral.
• All-stereo Disc One comprises the US LPs “Yesterday’s Gone” and “Chad & Jeremy Sing For You” in their entirety, plus the duo’s contributions to the Various Artists LP Live Folk From The Mayfair Theatre London.
• Disc Two comprises all singles in mono, plus outtakes, alternative takes and stereo versions of non-LP tracks.
• Studio sessions produced in London by John Barry and Shel Talmy, and in NYC by Jimmie Haskell.
• London sessions, including six live tracks, freshly remastered from original Ember tape sources.
• Previously unreleased track: ‘Lemon Tree’ (stereo version), plus first official release of ‘It Was A Very Good Year’ (stereo version) and ‘From A Window’ (alternative take).