Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
For the first time, a complete collection of Chad & Jeremy’s 1963-1964 recordings for UK indie label Ember, which were licensed to the US indie World Artists.
• For the first time, a complete collection of Chad & Jeremy’s 1963-1964 recordings for UK indie label Ember, which were licensed to the US indie World Artists.
• The British duo only enjoyed one domestic hit, ‘Yesterday’s Gone’ (UK #37, US #21), but rode the British Invasion wave in the States, racking up an additional five hits, including the perennial ‘A Summer Song’ (#7), as well as ‘Willow Weep For Me’ (#15), ‘If I Loved You’ (#23), ‘What Do You Want With Me’ (#51) and ‘From A Window’ (#97), before being snapped up by major label Columbia.
• Their repertoire of pop originals, folk songs and standards was delivered in a distinctive soft-pop style with accompaniment ranging from simple acoustic to beat electric and lush orchestral.
• All-stereo Disc One comprises the US LPs “Yesterday’s Gone” and “Chad & Jeremy Sing For You” in their entirety, plus the duo’s contributions to the Various Artists LP Live Folk From The Mayfair Theatre London.
• Disc Two comprises all singles in mono, plus outtakes, alternative takes and stereo versions of non-LP tracks.
• Studio sessions produced in London by John Barry and Shel Talmy, and in NYC by Jimmie Haskell.
• London sessions, including six live tracks, freshly remastered from original Ember tape sources.
• Previously unreleased track: ‘Lemon Tree’ (stereo version), plus first official release of ‘It Was A Very Good Year’ (stereo version) and ‘From A Window’ (alternative take).