• It’s spring time and Hot Milk is getting Hot Hot Hot.
• With most of his catalogue now increasingly hard to find and demanding high prices this is the first time “The Twelve Tribe Of Israel” LP has been reissued. This reissue includes dub versions of “Unseen Eye” and “Tell Me” and the extended mixes of “Mr Spaulding” and “Twelve Tribe Of Israel” that didn’t appear on the original LP.
• Mr Spaulding aka Renford Ferguson from Clarendon Jamaica, recorded his only album at the age of 19, the masterful “The Twelve Tribe Of Israel”. Recorded at Aquarius Studios, in Half-Way-Tree, Kingston, Jamaica and released in 1983 on the Roots Rockers label, this is an almost exclusive excursion in voice, drum and bass with only the faintest hint of guitar and discordant organ. This is an album of pure minimalist reggae with deep dancehall sensibilities.
• Containing an amalgamation of UK and Jamaica recorded rhythms, the “Twelve Tribe” album has some of the lowest bass frequencies this side of Western Kingston. A graduate of the King Stur Gav sound system Spaulding fine vocals suggest a talent that should have become much bigger, but it’s never too late and now it’s his time to eat food.
• This is the definitive collection of Mr Spaulding’s reggae catalogue, reissued with able assistance and blessing from the man himself.
N.B This title is released 5th June and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. UNSEEN EYE
2. UNSEEN EYE DUB
3. MR LOU
4. TWELVE TRIBE OF ISRAEL
1. TELL ME
2. TELL ME DUB
3. RAIDERS POSSE
4. MR SPAULDING
5. MY GIRL
6. TRUE THE RAIN A FALL