• From the wide-open skies of Champion The Wonder Horse to the mean streets of Z Cars Merseyside via Anthony Newley’s oddball Gurney Slade, here is a collection of much-loved and unjustly forgotten TV themes.
• To add to the genuine goggle-box experience, all the themes are linked with period TV ads for the likes of Outspan orange juice, Good News chocolates, and Eden Vale yoghurt (“it’s the young idea!”). Early Gerry Anderson (Supercar) rubs shoulders with Honor Blackman (The Avengers), with help from stellar composer credits like John Barry and Johnny Dankworth.
• Compiled by pop historian Bob Stanley – who also writes the sleevenotes – and DJ Martin Green, this is a proper 60s UK time capsule.
NB: This title is released on October 27, 2014 and will not be dispatched until this date.
1. TV IS THE THING – Dinah Washington
2. THE PURSUERS – Malcolm Lockyer
3. ROUTE 66 – John Gregory
4. OUTBREAK OF MURDER – Gordon Franks
5. SASHA’S THEME – Sasha Distel
6. SUPERCAR – Charles Blackwell
7. THE DESPERADOES – Cambridge Strings
8. GURNEY SLADE – Alan Ainsworth
9. THE BEAT WAY (FROM HONEY HIT PARADE) – Ted Heath And His Music
10. Z CARS – John Warren Orchestra
11. 77 SUNSET STRIP – Pete Candoli And His Orchestra
12. LUNCHBOX – Jerry Allen
13. LAS VEGAS (FROM ANIMAL MAGIC) – Laurie Johnson
14. SOOTY’S PARTY (EXCERPT) – Harry Corbett
15. CHAMPION THE WONDER HORSE – Frankie Laine
16. CUTTY SARK (FROM DATELINE) – John Barry
17. DANGER MAN – Alan Swain
18. THE AVENGERS – Johnny Dankworth
19. M SQUAD – John Gregory
20. MAN OF MYSTERY (FROM THE EDGAR WALLACE MYSTERIES) – Steve Stannard
21. SAM BENEDICT – Johnny Keating
22. SID’S THEME (FROM CITIZEN JAMES) – Gordon Franks
23. EGGHEADS – Bryan Blackburn And Peter Evans
24. CHICK SHAPE – Craig Douglas
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.