• Erasure’s Andy Bell presents his 6th solo album ‘Torsten, The Beautiful Libertine’, a follow up to 2014’s groundbreaking and critically acclaimed album and Edinburgh Fringe Festival show, ‘Torsten, The Bareback Saint’.
• Presented in mini gatefold sleeve LP style packaging with black vinyl effect CD and a 20 page lyrics booklet with all new colour photographs.
• Andy states, “Torsten seems to me like a dream that has come true! I was told the piece was especially written with me in mind & I really believe that! So many aspects of the various songs resonate with parts of my life so I know I was there / am here! There is a melancholic beauty held within the songs & I think I’ve had enough heartache & painful soul searching to do them justice but have managed to retain a certain naïveté in spite of these experiences! Torsten bears witness to these scars.”
• On the album Andy assumes the character of Torsten who is described as a “polysexual semi-immortal”. Torsten has had, over time, many lovers and friends whom ultimately he has outlived. That he himself survives is a bittersweet truth, but it is with an increasingly melancholic emotional distance from people. The album is a wonderfully evocative exposition of the mind, mirth and mania of an ‘everyman’ who finds himself in extraordinary circumstances. The songs effortlessly combine pop and theatricality in their lush arrangements and Andy’s voice has never been so dramatically expressive.
• Andy explains, “I love my Torsten …… Even more now that he is becoming slightly unhinged…. Unravelling before our very eyes! I don’t believe that his spirit will ever be broken though; for all his lives & lovers & losses, the songs from the ‘Beautiful Libertine’ have a healing quality & a deep resonance that make you realise that he is putting everything into perspective & coping……..just!”
• Following the album’s release, songs from both Torsten albums will feature in the musical stage show “Torsten, The Beautiful Libertine” starring Andy Bell at the Above The Stag Theatre in Vauxhall, London throughout March 2016. www.abovethestag.com
1. STATEMENT OF INTENT
2. BEAUTIFUL LIBERTINE
3. LOITERING WITH INTENT
4. THIS TOWN NEEDS JESUS
5. THE SLUMS WE LOVED
6. LADY DOMINA BIZARRE
7. (OOOH BABY, YOU’RE SO)
QUEERCORE! with Lana Pillay
9. I’M YOUR LOVER
10. RUPERT DRINKS VODKA
11. WE WERE SINGING ALONG TO LIZA
12. PHOTOS OF DANIEL
13. I AM THE BOY WHO SMILED AT YOU
14. BOND STREET CATALOGUES
15. MY PRECIOUS ONE
16. TO HAVE AND TO HOLD
17. STATEMENT OF INTENT (REPRISE)