Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
The Times’ “This Is London” was recorded in 1983 and is re-issued here with seven bonus tracks. This album is a dream for many collectors and fans.
• What do the Creation label, Domino Records, the TV Personalities 2006 album “My Dark Places” and 90s solo hits such as ‘The Mill Hill Self Hate Club’ & ‘Love Is Blue’ have in common?
Why, Edward Ball, of course!
• From his recordings as the Times on imprint Artpop! (with Geoff Travis’s blessing through Rough Trade) to his part in Creation Records triumvirate of McGee (Poptones), Green (Witchita) & Ball, as label spokesman and releasing 30-odd albums under various guises, Edward Ball’s ability to create lasting pop gems is beyond question. And with lifelong buddy Daniel Treacy as the TV Personalities, he still lurks within the contemporary zeitgeist, whilst currently recording demos for Domino records…
• The Times’ “This Is London” was recorded in 1983 and is re-issued here with seven bonus tracks. This album is a dream for many collectors and fans.
1. THIS IS LONDON
2. GOODBYE PICCADILLY
3. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAMESBEAT?
4. IF ONLY
5. BIG PAINTING
6. GOODNIGHT CHILDREN EVERYWHERE
7. THE PARTY
8. STRANGER THAN FICTION
9. (THERE’S A) CLOUD OVER LIVERPOOL
10. WILL SUCCESS SPOIL FRANK SUMMIT?
11. THE CHIMES OF BIG BEN
12. THIS GREEN AND PLEASANT LAND
13. HERE COME THE HOLIDAYS (7″ A SIDE FROM 1982)
14. THREE CHEERS FOR THE SUN (7″ B SIDE FROM 1982)
15. BIG PAINTING (ALTERNATIVE SESSION TAKE)
16. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAMESBEAT (ALTERNATIVE SESSION TAKE)
17. THIS IS LONDON (ALTERNATIVE SESSION TAKE)
18. IF ONLY (LIVE AT THE 100 CLUB 1987)
19. (THERE’S A) CLOUD OVER LIVERPOOL (LIVE AT THE 100 CLUB 1987)