• Anyone who’s been living on the grapevine these past few years must have heard the rumours about the coming of the FELT reissues – well they’re here.
• During the ‘80s Felt made ten albums and ten singles for the Cherry Red and Creation labels. This beautifully produced series examines the work of one of the greatest underground groups of modern times.
• The first five albums will be released on 23rd February 2018. The CD version comes in a bespoke 7” box, complete with various ephemera consisting of; the original album in a special gatefold sleeve – long deleted 7” vinyl single pertaining to the relevant year of release – reproduction gig flyers – double sided wall poster – and four button lapel badges for wearing with pride!
• Before the Stone Roses and after Be-Bop Deluxe and Plastic Ono Band, John Leckie worked with Felt. Booked into a metal/reggae studio in Birmingham’s industrial wasteland he sculpted a Michelangelo slice of new rock – exquisite and beautiful guitar odysseys – quite unlike anything the city had experienced before. Merging pop with a classical nuance Felt stood alone as the forerunners of a brand new style. And Gary Ainge was finally allowed to use his high-hat!
1. ROMAN LITTER
2. SEMPITERNAL DARKNESS
3. SPANISH HOUSE
5. SUNLIGHT BATHED THE GOLDEN GLOW
6. VASCO DA GAMA
7. CRUCIFIX HEAVEN
8. DISMANTLED KING IS OFF THE THRONE
9. CRYSTAL BALL
10. WHIRLPOOL VISION OF SHAME
A. PENELOPE TREE
B. A PREACHER IN NEW ENGLAND