Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Hot Shot Records is proud to present THE NOLANS – CHEMISTRY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION. Newly remastered and presented in a super-jewel case complete with an interview with Anne Nolan, the collection is a must for all Pop, Soul and Disco fans.
• The Nolans are one of the most successful girl groups of all time in the UK chart history. CHEMISTRY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION covers their most commercially successful period and offers a look at the more soulful side of the group than previous compilations. Twenty of their classic tracks released on Epic Records between 1979 and 1983 are joined by a bonus dance remix as well as a DVD featuring all of their promotional videos together for the very first time. CHEMISTRY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION has been freshly remastered from the first generation master tapes and offers a much superior sound quality than earlier CD collections.
• After gaining notoriety as a variety act on British television throughout the 1970’s, The Nolans signed to Epic/CBS in 1978 and first hit the top 40 with ‘Spirit, Body & Soul’ (#34) in 1979, but it would be their next release ‘I’m In The Mood For Dancing,’ that would become their career defining hit single when it peaked at #3 in early 1980.
• The group were rarely absent from the UK charts over the next few years. Ben Findon produced their breakthrough single and gave them further hits with ‘Don’t Make Waves’ (#12), ‘Gotta Pull Myself Together’ (#9), ‘Attention To Me’ (#9) and ‘Don’t Love Me Too Hard’ (#14). Additionally, he produced their massive International hit ‘Sexy Music,’ which won them the Tokyo Music Festival in 1981.
• Producers Nicky Graham and Robin Smith focussed more on the R&B stylings the group wanted to explore. As well as providing the Disco-flavoured hits ‘Who’s Gonna Rock You’ (co-written by Billy Ocean, #12) and ‘Chemistry’ (#15), they heralded their soulful covers of ‘Every Home Should Have One’ (Patti Austin), ‘Lead Me On’ (Maxine Nightingale) and ‘How Do I Survive’ (Amy Holland). Smith produced the CHIC-esque ‘Take It Through The Night’ and ‘Dressed To Kill’, (1983) which makes its debut on a Nolans’ collection in both single and 12” Dance mixes.
• Hot Shot Records is proud to present THE NOLANS – CHEMISTRY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION. Newly remastered and presented in a super-jewel case complete with an interview with Anne Nolan, the collection is a must for all Pop, Soul and Disco fans.
DISC ONE: CD
1. DRESSED TO KILL
3. WHO’S GONNA ROCK YOU
4. I’M IN THE MOOD FOR DANCING
5. ATTENTION TO ME
6. EVERY HOME SHOULD HAVE ONE
7. DON’T LOVE ME TOO HARD
8. DON’T MAKE WAVES
9. SPIRIT, BODY AND SOUL
10. GOTTA PULL MYSELF TOGETHER
12. SEXY MUSIC
13. CRASHING DOWN
14. HOW DO I SURVIVE
15. LEAD ME ON
16. EVERY LITTLE THING
17. I’M NEVER GONNA LET YOU BREAK MY HEART AGAIN
18. IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR LOVE TOO
19. A SIMPLE CASE OF LOVING YOU
20. TAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
21. DRESSED TO KILL (12″ EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
DISC TWO: DVD – PAL Region 0
1. I’M IN THE MOOD FOR DANCING (VIDEO CLIP, 1979)
2. GOTTA PULL MYSELF TOGETHER (VIDEO CLIP, 1980)
3. WHO’S GONNA ROCK YOU (VIDEO CLIP, 1980)
4. ATTENTION TO ME (VIDEO CLIP, 1981)
5. SEXY MUSIC (VIDEO CLIP, 1981)
6. CHEMISTRY (VIDEO CLIP, 1981)
7. DON’T LOVE ME TOO HARD (VIDEO CLIP, 1982)
8. DRAGONFLY (VIDEO CLIP, 1982)