Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• A Deluxe Edition release of Suggs’ first solo album “The Lone Ranger”.
• Originally released in 1995 this much requested reissue is the most comprehensive collection available of the original album and all the related bonus material.
• Five singles were taken from the album;
• ‘I’m Only Sleeping’ – Suggs’ debut single released in July 1995 peaked at # 7 in the UK charts. It’s a cover of Lennon & McCartney’s track that appeared on the 1966 Beatles album ‘Revolver’. It was produced by Sly & Robbie.
• ‘Camden Town’ – a # 14 hit featuring Louchie Lou and Michie One – a ragga duo from London. The album version plus the Camden Chili Pepper Dub and Ragga In London Dub Instrumental mixes are included. It again was produced by Sly & Robbie.
• ‘The Tune’ – this was Suggs’ third hit of ’95. It was released as a Christmas EP. It was mixed by Sly & Robbie and was written by album collaborator and Madness band mate Mike Barson. The b/sides featured covers of the Christmas classic ‘Sleigh Ride’ and Supergrass’ ‘Alright’. Both are featured on this compilation.
• ‘Cecilia’ – the best-selling single from the album peaking at # 4 is a cover of the Simon & Garfunkel classic. It sold in excess of 500,000 copies. Produced and mixed by Sly & Robbie. The album version, the 7″, three remixes by the Rapino Brothers and four other remixed versions are included.
• ‘No More Alcohol’ – the final single taken from the album. It’s a re-working of the album track ‘Alcohol’ and again features Louchie Lou & Michie One. Six versions are featured on the collection – the original album version, the 7″mix, Rapino’s Dance mix, 100% Proof mix, Karaoke mix and the Segue mix featuring No More Alcohol and Cecilia single mixes.
• Other bonus material includes the b/sides – ‘Bedazzled’, ‘Animal’, ‘When You Came’ and ‘I Feel Good’.
• The CD booklet features the original artwork, a UK Discography, lyrics of the original album tracks all in a 16 page colour booklet.
• Suggs aka Graham McPherson will always be best remembered as the frontman of Madness. The band are enduringly one of the best loved British groups spanning the last 35 plus years. Inevitably the band moved on for a period to other projects and this was the debut album by Suggs – with song-writing collaborations from fellow Madness member – Mike Barson. It was a top 20 album in the UK and was followed up by “The Three Pyramids Club” in 1998. This album is not Madness in all but name but an opportunity for Suggs to spread his wings and work with some new faces and enjoy a new creative challenge.
• The Lone Ranger features contributions from a very able supporting cast – respected bassists Jah Wobble and Phil Spalding are joined by Cuban-born Jamaican ska and reggae trombonist – Rico Rodriguez MBE. Art of Noise member Anne Dudley provided a string arrangement for the track ‘She’s Gone’.
• For more information please visit Suggs’ personal website www.suggsmcpherson.co.uk
ORIGINAL ALBUM + BONUS TRACKS
1. I’M ONLY SLEEPING
2. CAMDEN TOWN
4. 4 AM
5. THE TUNE
8. OFF ON HOLIDAY
9. GREEN EYES
10. FORTUNE FISH
11. SHE’S GONE
14. WHEN YOU CAME
15. SLEIGH RIDE
17. I FEEL GOOD
18. CECILIA (7″ MIX)
19. NO MORE ALCOHOL (7″ MIX)
1. CAMDEN TOWN (CAMDEN CHILI PEPPER DUB)
2. CAMDEN TOWN (RAGGA IN LONDON DUB INSTRUMENTAL)
3. OFF ON HOLIDAY (INSTRUMENTAL)
4. THE TUNE (INSTRUMENTAL)
5. CECILIA (RAPINO’S 7″ MIX)
6. CECILIA (RAPINO’S 12″ DISCO INSTRUMENTAL)
7. CECILIA (RAPINO’S 12″ DISCO MIX)
8. CECILIA (DEEP PAN MIX)
9. CECILIA (DRUMAPELLA)
10. CECILIA (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
11. NO MORE ALCOHOL (RAPINO’S DANCE MIX)
12. NO MORE ALCOHOL (SEGUE MIX)
13. CECILIA (SEGUE MIX)
14. NO MORE ALCOHOL (100% PROOF MIX)
15. NO MORE ALCOHOL (KARAOKE MIX)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.