• ESSENTIAL PSYCH POP FROM 1968!
• FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
• FIRST TIME EVER ON CD!
Sounding like an American Donovan, PAUL PARRISH burst onto the scene in 1968 with this ambitiously produced gem of a record filled with psychedelic strings, flutes, tympani, and sunshine dipped effects. Wide-eyed rainbow-coloured imagery abounds!
The Forest Of My Mind was produced in Detroit in 1968 by CLAY McMURRAY, who is best known for producing Spyder Turner’s rendition of BB King’s ‘Stand By Me,’ and co-writing/producing Gladys Knight & The Pip’s ‘If I Were Your Woman.’ The (mostly) R&B producer made one of the finest psychedelic pop records ever to emerge from Detroit!
Mastered by Alan Brownstein FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
The full-colour booklet includes rare photos and extensive liner notes featuring the participation of original producer Clay McMurray and Paul Parrish himself!
Produced for reissue by Steve Stanley.
NB: This product is released September 29th and will not be dispatched before this date.
THE FOREST OF MY MIND
1. ENGLISH SPARROWS
3. WALKING IN THE FOREST (OF MY MIND)
4. THE PAINTER (WHO LIVES IN THE CELLAR)
5. DIALOGUE OF WIND AND LOVER
6. YOU’VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY
7. TINY ALICE
8. MORNING TRAIN
9. SOMETHING OF A LOVE SONG
10. THE WHITE BIRDS (RETURN TO WARM SEAS)
11. FLOWERS IN THE PARK
12. I CAN’T HELP MYSELF
13. WALKING IN THE FOREST (OF MY MIND)
14. THE WHITE BIRDS (RETURN TO WARM SEAS) (Mono 45)
Produced by CLAY MCMURRAY
Arrangements by MIKE THEODORE & DENNIS COFFEY