The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
**WEBSITE EXCLUSIVE: ORDER WITH US & RECEIVE A LIMITED EDITION 38MM SQUARE PIN BADGE FREE! (WHILE STOCKS LAST)**
• The Fall’s first studio album, reissued as a limited edition red coloured vinyl LP (Also available as a 3CD clamshell box-set).
• Founded by its only constant member, Mark E. Smith, The Fall formed in Manchester in 1976 and were one of the most prominent post-punk groups in the world. Musically, there may have been several stylistic changes over the years, but it was often characterised by an abrasive guitar-driven sound and frequent use of repetition, always underpinned by Smith’s distinctive vocals and often cryptic lyrics.
• “They are always different; they are always the same.”
• “Live At The Witch Trials” is the debut studio album – released 16th March 1979 – these editions celebrate the fortieth anniversary of this seminal album.
• Originally released through record label Step-Forward, it was recorded in a single day and mixed by producer Bob Sargeant.
• Mark E. Smith’s lyrics include his unique commentary on the music business (‘Music Scene’), poorly paid jobs (‘Industrial Estate’) and drugs (‘No Xmas For John Quays’, ‘Like To Blow’, ‘Frightened’, ‘Underground Medecin’)
• Sounds magazine reviewer Dave McCullough gave it five stars at the time of release, writing: “an album of staggeringly rich, mature music, inner questioning hand in hand with rock and roll at its fiercest, its finest, its most honest, rock and roll at its naked, most stimulating”
• Featuring the one and only Mark E. Smith alongside Martin Bramah, Marc Riley, Karl Burns and Yvonne Pawlett.
• This red coloured vinyl version is 180GSM with an inner bag and features the US artwork and track-listing. It is limited to 1000 copies.
2. CRAP RAP 2/LIKE TO BLOW
3. REBELLIOUS JUKEBOX
4. NO XMAS FOR JOHN QUAYS
5. VARIOUS TIMES
1. UNDERGROUND MEDECIN
2. TWO STEPS BACK
3. LIVE AT THE WITCH TRIALS
4. FUTURES AND PASTS
5. MUSIC SCENE