• Stargard (Rochelle Runnels, Debra Anderson, Janice Williams) broke out in 1977 with what was their biggest hit, ‘ THEME SONG FROM ‘WHICH WAY IS UP’’, one of the disco eras most enduring anthems. The band continued releasing records with more charting singles before disbanding in 1983.
• 1979s The Changing of the Gard (Warner Bros) partially continues the loose party jam vibe of their first hit but with Robert Wright and Earth, Wind & Fire’s Verdine White at the production helm, the album is overall far smoother than their earlier albums. First single ‘WEAR IT OUT’(R&B #43/Disco #4) is another excellent disco stomper from the band whilst ‘RUNNIN FROM THE LAW’ (US #61/DANCE #4) is grittier and Stargard’s unapologetic funk strut is unmistakeable here.
• Elsewhere ‘(ONCE IN A LIFETIME) DREAM COME TRUE’ is an utterly affecting hushed ballad while ‘TAKE ME BACK’ marries disco inclinations with smooth jazz and it’s all the more revelatory for it.
• BBR is thrilled to present this expanded and remastered edition of THE CHANGING OF THE GARD in a deluxe super jewel case with extensive liner notes that include a new interview with Verdine White and four bonus tracks.
1. WEAR IT OUT
2. (ONCE IN A LIFETIME) DREAM COME TRUE
3. FOOTSTOMPIN’ MUSIC
4. TAKE ME BACK
5. RUNNIN’ FROM THE LAW
6. BEDTIME STORY
7. I JUST IMAGINED YOU
8. PUT ON YOUR ROLLERSKATES
9. LOWDOWN DANCING
11. WEAR IT OUT (SINGLE VERSION)
12. RUNNIN’ FROM THE LAW (SINGLE VERSION)
13. WEAR IT OUT (12″ DISCO VERSION)
14. WEAR IT OUT (12″ INSTRUMENTAL VERSION)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.