Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Featuring lead singer Polly Brown, this 52-track 2CD anthology brings together the complete Pye recordings of British sunshine Pop act Pickettywitch.
• Featuring lead singer Polly Brown, this 52-track 2CD anthology brings together the complete Pye recordings of British sunshine Pop act Pickettywitch.
• Disc one compiles the group’s entire recorded output for Pye Records, 1969-73. Including all the hits – ‘That Same Old Feeling’, ‘(It’s Like A) Sad Old Kinda’ Movie’, ‘Baby I Won’t Let You Down’. Also one recording, ‘Fugue’, which was not originally released.
• The bonus second disc has the Polly Brown eponymous Pye debut solo album from 1973, released on CD for the first time, plus a non LP single.
• Disc two continues with the 1976 duo album Polly recorded with sometime Skatalite Tony Jackson as the act Sweet Dreams, produced by Gerry Shury and Ron Roker, featuring their top 10 hit a version of Abba’s ‘Honey Honey’.
• Collaborating with chart-topping songwriters Tony Macaulay and John Macleod, musically Pickettywitch sat somewhere between Edison Lighthouse and The Tremeloes with their breezy blend of catchy sunshine Pop and Motown-inspired blue-eyed Soul.
• Gifted with a voice described as a cross between “Diana Ross and Dionne Warwick”, Brown’s vocals graced all three of Pickettywitch’s hits. She extended her repertoire when solo with soulful versions of the Bee Gees ‘To Love Somebody’, Van Morison’s ‘Wild Night’ and Véronique Sanson’s ‘Amoureuse’ which as a single lost out to Kiki Dee’s chart version.
• The memorabilia-laden booklet includes an in-depth essay by Pye Records authority Roger Dopson.