Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
David Bowie said Tucker Zimmerman’s 1969 album Ten Songs had “A particularly telling effect on how I would collect and listen to music in the years to come”. The first-ever reissue of Ten Songs finally brings a chance to appreciate how Bowie’s fascination with Tucker Zimmerman began.
• David Bowie said Tucker Zimmerman’s 1969 album Ten Songs had “A particularly telling effect on how I would collect and listen to music in the years to come”.
• The first-ever reissue of Ten Songs finally brings a chance to appreciate how Bowie’s fascination with Tucker Zimmerman began.
• Writing in 2006, in a list of his 25 favourite records, Bowie ranked Ten Songs alongside seminal releases by Velvet Underground, Robert Wyatt, The Last Poets, James Brown, the Incredible String Band, John Lee Hooker and Little Richard. For Bowie, Zimmerman was as important as these widely renowned greats.
• Bowie declared “I always found this album of stern, angry compositions enthralling.”
• Ten Songs is an angry album, with shades of Donovan and Tim Buckley. The reissue is expanded with the politically charged non-album single which preceded it, and previously unreleased foreign language cuts from the period. All tracks are sourced direct from the master tapes.
• In 1968 producer Tony Visconti ; then also working with Marc Bolan’s Tyrannosaurus Rex and Bowie – arranged and produced Ten Songs, also playing on it, as well as the non LP tracks. Further sessions included input from Aynsley Dunbar, Rick Wakeman, Shawn Phillips, Ricky Fataar, Terry Cox. The album was released in 1969.
• Zimmerman became integral to Bowie’s world – in 1971, one of his post-Ten Songs compositions became a single by Ronno, the pre-Spiders From Mars band. Another of his songs influenced 1972’s The Jean Genie.
• Liner notes, telling the full story, are by MOJO magazine’s Kieron Tyler, with fresh input from Tucker Zimmerman.
N.B. This title is released 16th October 2015 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. BIRD LIVES
2. OCTOBER MORNINGS
3. A FACE THAT HASN’T SOLD OUT
4. THE ROADRUNNER
5. CHILDREN OF FEAR
6. THE WIND RETURNS INTO THE NIGHT
7. RUNNING, RUNNING FROM MOMENT TO MOMENT
8. UPSIDEDOWN CIRCUS WORLD
9. BLUE GOOSE
10. ALPHA CENTAURI
11. THE RED WIND (stereo vsn)
12. MOON DOG
13. LA RINASCENTE *
14. NON C’E NIENTE MAI *
15. EN MEMOIRE DE JEAN GENET *
16. LES VISIONS DE RIMBAUD (feat. Marie Claire) *
17. THE RED WIND (mono single vsn)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.