Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• All four albums appear for the first time on CD.
• Tammy Wynette, known as the “First Lady of Country Music”, was one of the genre’s truly iconic figures. The much-beloved entertainer, during a twenty-seven year recording career, saw the release of 42 studio albums and charted 73 singles.
• Tammy’s first two singles in 1980, “He Was There (When I Needed You)” and “Starting Over” just scraped into the Top 20 (both halted their chart rise at No. 17) and the time seemed right for a change. Billy Sherrill, who had launched the singer back in 1966 and was responsible for all her recording through subsequent years, bowed out with her 21st album on Epic Records, ‘Only Lonely Sometimes’, a collection that Cashbox magazine critiqued “Tammy kicks off a new decade with a powerful album”. George Richey, Tammy’s husband, now took over as her record producer.
• The other three albums in this collection, ‘Soft Touch’ (1982), ‘Good Love & Heartbreak’ (1982), and ‘Even The Strong Get Lonely’ (1983), were Richey productions and, like Sherrill’s earlier work, featured the cream of Nashville session musicians. Each album also possessed two chart singles, the most successful of them, “Another Chance”, rising to No. 8. The other singles were “You Still Get To Me In My Dreams”, “A Good Night’s Love”, “I Just Heard A Heart Break (And I’m So Afraid It’s Mine), “Unwed Fathers” and “Still In The Ring”.
• Tammy Wynette’s name never vanished from the charts right up until her death on April 6th 1998 at the tragically early age of 55.
• She was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame later that year.
ONLY LONELY SOMETIMES
1. HE WAS THERE (WHEN I NEEDED YOU)
2. I’LL BE THINKING OF YOU
3. YOU NEVER KNEW
4. COME WITH ME
5. YOU NEEDED ME
6. STARTING OVER
7. OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
8. ONLY THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED
9. WHEN YOU LOVE ME
10. OZARK MOUNTAIN LULLABY
11. OLD RELIABLE
12. SHE CAN’T TAKE MY LOVE OFF THE BED
13. BEING GONE
14. WHAT’S IT LIKE TO BE A WOMAN
15. I’LL STILL BE LOVING YOU THIS MUCH
16. ANOTHER CHANCE
17. IF I DIDN’T HAVE A HEART
18. YOU STILL GET TO ME IN MY DREAMS
19. SOMETIMES I’M A LITTLE GIRL
20. DANCING YOUR MEMORY AWAY
GOOD LOVE AND HEARTBREAK
1. A GOOD NIGHT’S LOVE
2. I STILL DREAM ABOUT YOU
3. BACK TO THE WALL
4. HALF THE HEART
5. IT’S THE GOODBYE THAT BLOWS ME AWAY
6. I JUST HEARD A HEART BREAK (AND I’M SO AFRAID IT’S MINE)
7. SOMEBODY HOLD ME UNTIL HE PASSES BY
9. I’M GOING ON WITH EVERYTHING GONE
10. I’VE COME BACK (TO SAY I LOVE YOU ONE MORE TIME)
EVEN THE STRONG GET LONELY
11. UNWED FATHERS
12. I’M SO AFRAID THAT I’D LIVE THROUGH IT
13. A SLIGHTLY USED WOMAN
14. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
15. WITH A FRIEND LIKE YOU (WHO NEEDS A LOVER)
16. STILL IN THE RING
17. MIDNIGHT LOVE
18. LOVE OVERDUE
19. DARLIN’ TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
20. EVEN THE STRONG GET LONELY SOMETIMES