Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• You want some real girl power, then go no further than this London quartet!
• After completing “Nightmare At Maple Cross” in 1986, bassist Gil Weston-Jones left the band. Her replacement was an inspired choice in Rock Goddess bass guitarist Tracey Lamb, joining Cris Bonacci on lead guitar and founder members Kim McAuliffe on vocals / rhythm guitar and Denise Dufort on drums.
• Released in 1988, “Take A Bite” was their second album for GWR Records, then home to Motorhead, Tank, Hawkwind and Fastway.
• Not only does this album feature a brief return from founder Girlschool member Enid Williams, providing backing vocals on ‘This Time’, but also features FM’s Merv Goldsworthy & Pete Jupp, who sing backing vocals on the self-explanatory ‘Girls on Top’
• On previous album “Nightmare At Maple Cross”, the band gave Mud’s ‘Tiger Feet’ a run for its money, whereas here a cover of The Sweet’s ‘Fox On The Run’ is given a suitable make over. The album is also notable for a co-write on ‘Head Over Hills’ with long-time Girlschool collaborator, the late, great Lemmy Kilmister.
• “Take A Bite” features an expanded booklet and new liner notes by Classic Rock and Metal Hammer’s Malcolm Dome based on new interviews with the band’s Kim McAulliffe. Girlschool’s “Nightmare At Maple Cross” (HNECD069) and “Running Wild” (HNECD048) are also available on HNE.
TAKE A BITE (1988)
2. FOX ON THE RUN
3. GIRLS ON TOP
4. TEAR IT UP
5. LOVE AT FIRST BITE
6. HEAD OVER HEELS
7. UP ALL NIGHT
8. THIS TIME
9. DON’T WALK AWAY
10. TOO HOT TO HANDLE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.