• Hot Milk hits again this month with another Linval Thompson bona fide classic.
• During the period that embraced 1979 and 1980, Linval Thompson saved his strongest and hardest hitting productions for his very own Strong Like Sampson label. A label that had no more than a couple of dozen 12inch single releases. A short but crucial run.
• Presented here and reissued for the first time, each song is the full extended discomix as featured on the original 12” records. Some tunes have extended dub versions while some others have superlative DJ cuts courtesy of the likes of Papa Tullo and Jah Thomas. All brimming with heavy dread echoes and energy with brevity off the menu.
• A who’s who of the late roots and early Dancehall period we have Linval Thompson, Barry Brown, Freddy McKay, Barrington Levy and Sammy Dread as some of the featured artists.
• Nearly 2 hours of music over 18 songs and 2 discs!!! Original copies of the 12” records would render this collection in the hundreds of pounds.
• Stay tuned for the summer months of 2015 as the songs featured here will appear on a series of limited 12” singles courtesy of Hot Milk.
• All songs produced by Linval Thompson and licensed with his blessing.
N.B This title is released 11th May and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. MR BIG SHOT – Linval Thompson
2. SOMETIME I CRY – Freddy McKay
3. AFRICA – Anthony Johnson
4. STEREOGRAPH STYLE – Jah Thomas
5. RAINY DAYS – Sammy Dread
6. CURFEW – Linval Thompson
7. MORNING CURFEW (M.16) Papa Tullo
8. WICKED INTENTION – Barrington Levy
9. MORNING LOVE – Sammy Dread & Papa Tullo
1. MR BOSS MAN- Linval Thompson
2. STOP PUSHING ME AROUND – Ranking Trevor
3. GONNA BE SORRY – Freddy McKay
4. NATTY DREAD NAH RUN – Barry Brown
5. PROMISED LAND – Rod Taylor
6. SHE ROB AND GORN – Barrington Levy
7. CAT CALL FRANCELLA – Papa Tullo
8. I’M A DREAD LOCKS – Sammy Dread and Papa Tullo
9. MR COLLIE MAN – Linval Thompson