• Stella was the anti-yé-yé girl. France had never heard anything like her. A Parisian schoolgirl, she was an agent provocateur who lampooned jolly pop girl Sheila, lamented that France was in thrall to American archetypes, reconfigured Bob Dylan and satirised weekend trendies.
• This expanded edition, first-ever reissue of the only album France’s Stella issued in the Sixties irresistibly captures all facets of who she was before she abandoned pop and began working with the jazz-influenced band Magma in the 1970s, whose Christian Vander she would marry. Without Stella, it is impossible to understand who Stella Vander is.
• She laid the table for the raspberry-blowing musical cheek of Jacques Dutronc and echoed Serge Gainsbourg’s raised eyebrows. Her records were fantastic – pop art-style cut-ups, inside-out psychedelia, wonky soul and rough-edged garage rock. Stella took on French pop and made it her own.
• RPM International’s latest journey to France, the expanded edition of Stella, follows definitive releases by Antoine, Jacques Dutronc, Emily, France Gall, Chantal Goya, Johnny Hallyday, Pussy Cat and Sylvie Vartan. RPM International is the authoritative home of the greatest music from France’s past.
Please Note: This title is released 19th January 2015 and will not be dispatched until this date.
1. UN AIR DE FOLKLORE AUVERGNAT
2. ADIEU MICRO, BONJOUR SILLON
3. J’ACHÈTES DES DISQUES AMÉRICAINS
4. PAUVRE FIGARO
5. TU DIS TOUJOURS OUI
6. CAUCHEMARD AUTO-PROTESTATEUR
7. SI VOUS CONNAISSEZ QUELQUE CHOSE DE PIRE QUE QU’UN VAMPIRE PARLEZ M’EN TOUJOURS, ÇA POURRA PEUT-ÊTRE ME FAIRE SOURIRE
8. LE VIEUX BANJO
10. PAS DE CHANSON SUR LES VACANCES
11. LA FLEMME
12. POURQUOI JE CHANTE
13. LA VIEILLE CHANSON D’AMOUR
14. BEATNICKS D’OCCASION
15. TOUT VA BIEN
16. JE NE PEUX PLUS TE VOIR EN PEINTURE
17. LE SILENCE
18. J’AURAIS VOULU
19. CARNET DE BALLES
20. JE NE ME RECONNAIS PLUS DANS LA GLACE
21. POÉSIE 67
22. DUO DU SACRÉ-CŒUR
23. MATIÈRE A REFLEXION
24. L’IDOLE DES JAUNES
25. VOUS DEVRIEZ AVOIR HONTE
26. PAUVRE CLOCHE