Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time with a quick turnaround! Shop now... Dismiss
Spellbound, the second album from reggae-pop crossover sensations Amazulu, is issued on CD for the first time. This Special Edition also marks its first ever UK release.
• Spellbound, the second album from reggae-pop crossover sensations Amazulu, is issued on CD for the first time. This Special Edition also marks its first ever UK release.
• Spellbound features the 1987 Top 40 cover of Tommy James ; The Shondells; Mony Mony and the subsequent singles ‘Wonderful World, Beautiful People’ and ‘My Heart Belongs To You’ (originally credited as a solo release from lead singer Annie Ruddock).
• Production duties on Spellbound were handled by Kurtis Mantronik, Ronald Bell of Kool; The Gang and Barry Blue alongside longtime collaborators Andy Hill and Dennis Bovell. Bonus material on this release includes sought-after 12″ mixes by PWL Mixmaster Pete Hammond and Clivillés Cole, many on CD for the first time.
• This Special Edition features sleeve notes from Annie and design by Bruno Tilley, who was responsible for most of the original Amazulu sleeves. The extensive booklet also features additional pictures, lyrics and discography.
• Amazulu debuted on the indie Towerbell label in 1983, before signing with Island Records and scoring a succession of hits including ‘Excitable’, ‘Too Good To Be Forgotten’ and ‘Montego Bay’. By 1987, the band had slimmed down to a trio and moved to EMI, finally parting ways in 1988.
• A great ‘lost’ album from a very fondly-remembered act, Spellbound is an essential listen for 80s aficionados and a welcome addition to the Cherry Pop catalogue.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.