The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2017
• Tammy Wynette, known as the “First Lady of Country Music”, was one of music’s truly iconic figures. This much beloved entertainer who, during a twenty seven year recording career saw the release of 42 studio albums and charted 73 singles.
• These two highly acclaimed albums from 1985 and 1987 saw Tammy rising to the challenge of meeting Country Music’s changing times with recordings that veered away from her own traditions.
• “Sometimes When We Touch” marked such changes with one critic (Stereo Review Magazine) noting the album as “a radical departure but a natural progression”. Contains two chart singles, the title track performed as a duet with Mark Gray and ‘You Can Lead A Heart To Love (But You Can’t Make It Fall)’. The album brought together the talents of many top songwriters and Vince Gill and the Oak Ridge Boys are amongst those adding their voices as background singers.
• “Higher Ground” brought together many of Country Music’s top stars contributing to Tammy’s vocals, with three tracks enjoying chart success, ‘Your Love’ with Ricky Skaggs, ‘Talkin’ To Myself Again’ with The O’Kanes and ‘Beneath A Painted Sky’ with Emmylou Harris. The album also included vocals by Vince Gill, Gene Watson, Vern Gosdin, The Gatlin Brothers, Rodney Crowell and Paul Overstreet.
• Both albums produced by Steve Buckingham.
SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH
1. SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH (WITH MARK GRAY)
2. YOU CAN LEAD A HEART TO LOVE (BUT YOU CAN’T MAKE IT FALL)
3. BREAKING AWAY
4. EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH HER (THINK OF ME)
5. BETWEEN TWENTY NINE AND DANGER
6. IT’S ONLY OVER FOR YOU
7. THE PARTY OF THE FIRST PART
8. IT’S HARD TO BE A DREAMER (WHEN I USED TO BE THE DREAM)
9. IF IT AIN’T LOVE
10. HE TALKS TO ME
11. YOUR LOVE
13. SOME THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE
14. BENEATH A PAINTED SKY
15. I WASN’T MEANT TO LIVE MY LIFE ALONE
16. HIGHER GROUND
17. TALKIN’ TO MYSELF AGAIN
18. A SLOW BURNING FIRE
19. THERE’S NO HEART SO STRONG
20. ALL THROUGH THROWING GOOD LOVE AFTER BAD