• Founded by highly successful songwriter Les Reed in 1968, the Chapter One label had a five-year run before eventually succumbing to the law of diminishing chart returns.
• Despite scoring a handful of hits (step forward Gerry Monroe and, er, Leeds United F. C.), their most enduring releases have turned out to be a swathe of singles that met with little success at the time, but which are now in great demand amongst collectors of late 60s/early 70s UK psychedelic pop and associated genres.
• A few tracks have found their way onto unauthorised compilations over the last few years, but Shapes and Shadows – taken from the masters, and with the full co-operation of Les Reed and Chapter One – proudly assembles these recordings in one place for the first time.
• Complete with rare photos, quotes and the full story behind the various bands as well as the label itself, Shapes and Shadows is a fascinating look at the soft white underbelly of the British pop industry during the late 60s/early 70s as well as an essential listen for genre aficionados.
NB: This product is released September 22nd and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. PUTNEY BRIDGE – What’s It All About
2. EPISODE SIX – Lucky Sunday
3. THE BLISS – Lifetime
4. PHILWIT & PEGASUS – The Elephant Song
5. JASON CORD – Spring Never Came Twice
6. EPISODE SIX – Mozart Versus The Rest
7. PUTNEY BRIDGE – Your Turn To Die
8. CHRISTOPHER – The Race
9. SAD PEOPLE – Turn Around
10. THE MATCHMAKERS – Lovers’ Congregation
11. THE CALIFORNIANS – You’ve Got Your Troubles
12. EPISODE SIX – Mr Universe
13. CHRISTOPHER – Sharkey
14. THE MARCH HARE – Cry My Heart
15. MORNING GLORY – Marjory Daw
16. THE BLISS – Courtyards Of Castile
17. BROTHER JOHN – Brother John
18. SAD PEOPLE – Lonely Man
19. EPISODE SIX – Jack D’Or
20. PUTNEY BRIDGE – The Meaning Of Love
21. THE MATCHMAKERS – Thank You Baby For Coming
22. MORNING GLORY – Munday Street
23. THE MARCH HARE – With My Eyes Closed
24. EPISODE SIX – Gentlemen Of The Park
25. LES REED – Big Bare Beat
26. TANDEM – Shapes And Shadows