• After a more than tumultuous quarter of a century making records, “Purpendicular”, no less than the 15th studio record by Deep Purple, is the start of a period of relative stability in the Purple camp.
• Following the departure of founder member Ritchie Blackmore during the 1993 tour to support “The Battle Rages On”, the band would eventually find a
more permanent and less temperamental axe-slinger in the shape of former Dixie Dregs guitarist Steve Morse.
• Originally released in 1996, and with all songs credited to all five band members – Jon Lord on keyboards, Ian Paice on drums, singer Ian Gillan and Roger Glover on bass guitar – guitarist Morse certainly makes his mark on this guitar orientated, and often quite experimental record. Tracks such as ‘Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming’ and ‘Vavoom: Ted the Mechanic’ would soon
become mainstays of Deep Purple’s live set.
• Also included on this edition is the Japan bonus track ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath’ plus the single edit of ‘Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming’, and makes a worthy addition to the Purple titles already on HNE; “Slaves And Masters” (+ 3 bonus tracks), “The Battle Rages On/Come Hell Or Highwater” (2CD), “Live in Stuttgart 1993” (2CD) and “Live in Birmingham 1993” (2CD).
This product is released June 16 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. VAVOOM: TED THE MECHANIC
2. LOOSEN MY STRINGS
3. SOON FORGOTTEN
4. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING
5. CASCADES: I’M NOT YOUR LOVER
6. THE AVIATOR
7. ROSA’S CANTINA
8. A CASTLE FULL OF RASCALS
9. A TOUCH AWAY
10. HEY CISCO
11. SOMEBODY STOLE MY GUITAR
12. THE PURPENDICULAR WALTZ
13. DON’T HOLD YOUR BREATH (Japan bonus track)
14. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING (Single edit)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.