The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• The first fully annotated compilation of material by the legendary UK ‘80s & ‘90s neo-psychedelic/free festival band who were contemporaries of Ozric Tentacles and performed at Clubs such as The Crypt, Club Dog and Alice In Wonderland.
• This is a comprehensive overview of a band who played a highly individual brand of commercial psychedelia and space rock informed by the ‘60s and ‘70s. Comparisons include Gong, Dukes of Stratosphear, Dr and The Medics, Hawkwind and Kula Shaker. Excellent melodic psychedelic pop and rock with memorable tunes.
• Featuring previously unreleased live material, rare compilation tracks, alternate versions and recordings from the band’s two Aftermath albums (Bomshamkar! and Eyes Of The Angel) that have never been on CD before, the 31 track compilation also includes recordings taken from the five albums the band recorded for Magick Eye Records who celebrate their 25th anniversary in 2016.
• Compiled and annotated by Richard Allen of Delerium Records and Shindig! Magazine, the 20-page booklet details for the first time ever, the full history of the band with colour and black and white photographs.
• Packaging features illustrations by Dan Abbott who created artwork for Kula Shaker (Peasant Pigs and Astronauts) and later for Pink Floyd and Muse as part of Hipgnosis.
• Offshoot outfit Astralasia has released numerous successful albums and is still a live festival favourite today.