• NEW OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED REMASTERED & EXPANDED RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC 1970 DEBUT ALBUM BY PATTO
• WITH THREE BONUS TRACKS (INCLUDING TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC SESSION TRACKS)
• FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND LINER NOTES
• REVIEWS IN “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR”, “PROG” MAGAZINES
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1970 debut album by the legendary Patto.
One of the truly great bands of the early 1970s, Patto featured a line-up comprising Mike Patto (vocals), Ollie Halsall (guitar, vibes, keyboards, vocals), Clive Griffiths (bass) and John Halsey (drums). The band arose from the ashes of the group Timebox and were graced by the presence of the stunning guitar playing of Ollie Halsall and a highly original and unique musical style that set them aside from their Progressive Rock contemporaries of the era.
This, the band’s debut album, was released in 1970 and featured classic tracks such as ‘The Man’, ‘San Antone’ and ‘Government Man’.
This Esoteric Recordings edition of “Patto” has been fully sanctioned by all members of the band and their representatives (for the first time ever) and includes three bonus tracks; ‘Hanging Rope’ (a 14 minute long session out-take from July 1970) and two tracks recorded in session for the BBC Radio One show “Sounds of the Seventies” in November 1970, ‘Love Me’ and ‘Government Man’.
This expanded edition includes an illustrated booklet with an essay by Sid Smith and an exclusive interview with John Halsey.