Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Mortimer, the harmony soft rock trio from New York State who signed with Apple Records in 1968 on the strength of George Harrison’s say so.
Out of stock
• Mortimer, the harmony soft rock trio from New York State who signed with Apple Records in 1968 on the strength of George Harrison’s say so.
• The second LP of their career was due for release in the summer of 1969 but was pulled at the last minute due to changes at Apple. The tapes have sat in the vaults ever since.
• Now RPM is pleased to present for the first time the LP that should have been the release straight after The Iveys LP in the Apple Records catalogue.
• Mastered from the original tapes, the recordings were originally produced by Peter Asher with additional arrangements by Richard Hewson.
• Bearing a photo taken by Peter Asher, this is from a previously unseen cache of photos archived by Apple, a select few of which adorn the CD booklet.
• The LP title track is the song given to Mortimer by Paul McCartney which The Beatles later recorded as Two Of Us.
• Our CD also includes the songs recorded during the sessions but which were not slated for the original LP, including album versions of ‘Christine Tildsley’ and ‘Ingenue’s Theme.’