Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Robinsongs are proud to present two of (Eumir) Deodato’s greatest Jazz Funk albums “Night Cruiser” and “Happy Hour” on one CD.
Out of stock
• Robinsongs are proud to present two of (Eumir) Deodato’s greatest Jazz Funk albums “Night Cruiser” and “Happy Hour” on one CD.
• “Night Cruiser” was originally released in 1980, The lead-off title track ‘Night Cruiser’ begins with syncopated chords from a solo electric piano that initiates a four-on-the-floor disco-funk groove, the tune is a vibrant, get-down party piece that filled dance floors back in 1980. It was issued as a single (in both 7-inch and 12-inch formats) and rose to #23 in the US dance charts.
• The Album also features the stand out tracks “East Side Strut” & “Uncle Funk”, as a Bonus track you get the 7” version of “Uncle Funk”.
• The “Happy Hour” album was released in 1982 and features the track ‘Keep On Movin’’, a Deodato original that has been sampled by several dance and hip-hop artists (including Olav Basoski and Le Tropical). The track was the first single from “Happy Hour” (it came out in both 7-inch and 12-inch formats with ‘Keep It In The Family’ on the B-side) in the spring of 1982 and dented the US dance charts, stalling at #41. The 7” version is included in this package as a bonus track.
• ‘Happy Hour’ was issued as the second single from the album in June 1982 and was something of a minor crossover hit, But it blew up even bigger in the American dance charts. You can definitely hear the influence for the 80’s Kool & The Gang albums within ‘Happy Hour’.
• The ’80s had been a hectic decade for Deodato which had seen plenty of outside production projects, they were mostly R&B acts such as Kool & The Gang, Con-Funk-Shun, Juicy, One Way, Gwen Guthrie and the Dazz Band.