The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• Robinsongs are proud to present two of (Eumir) Deodato’s greatest Jazz Funk albums “Night Cruiser” and “Happy Hour” on one CD.
• “Night Cruiser” was originally released in 1980, The lead-off title track ‘Night Cruiser’ begins with syncopated chords from a solo electric piano that initiates a four-on-the-floor disco-funk groove, the tune is a vibrant, get-down party piece that filled dance floors back in 1980. It was issued as a single (in both 7-inch and 12-inch formats) and rose to #23 in the US dance charts.
• The Album also features the stand out tracks “East Side Strut” & “Uncle Funk”, as a Bonus track you get the 7” version of “Uncle Funk”.
• The “Happy Hour” album was released in 1982 and features the track ‘Keep On Movin’’, a Deodato original that has been sampled by several dance and hip-hop artists (including Olav Basoski and Le Tropical). The track was the first single from “Happy Hour” (it came out in both 7-inch and 12-inch formats with ‘Keep It In The Family’ on the B-side) in the spring of 1982 and dented the US dance charts, stalling at #41. The 7” version is included in this package as a bonus track.
• ‘Happy Hour’ was issued as the second single from the album in June 1982 and was something of a minor crossover hit, But it blew up even bigger in the American dance charts. You can definitely hear the influence for the 80’s Kool & The Gang albums within ‘Happy Hour’.
• The ’80s had been a hectic decade for Deodato which had seen plenty of outside production projects, they were mostly R&B acts such as Kool & The Gang, Con-Funk-Shun, Juicy, One Way, Gwen Guthrie and the Dazz Band.