Tom T. Hall has been dubbed The Storyteller, The Poet of Nashville and the Mark Twain of Country Music.
One thing’s for sure – Tom T. Hall is one of the all-time great songwriters, with the multi-million-selling ‘Harper Valley P.T.A.’ being his most well-known composition.
“New Train – Same Rider” was released in 1978 and appears on CD for the first time. The album produced two chart singles, ‘May The Force Be With You Always’ and ‘I Wish I Loved Somebody Else’. Tom is accompanied by Bonnie and Maxine Brown of The Browns on four tracks.
“Places I’ve Done Time” also from 1978 produced two chart singles, ‘What Have You Got To Lose’ and ‘Son Of Clayton Delaney’. Turning to other songwriters, Jerry Jeff Walker’s masterpiece ‘Mr. Bojangles’ is included on this album as well as Walter Scott’s ‘Burning Bridges’.
Tom T. Hall is one of the most successful recording artists in the history of Country Music.
Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2008.
NEW TRAIN – SAME RIDER
1. COME ON BACK TO NASHVILLE (ODE TO THE OUTLAWS)
2. I’M NOT READY YET
3. BURNING BRIDGES
4. DARK HOLLOW
5. I’D RATHER DIE YOUNG (THAN GROW OLD WITHOUT YOU)
6. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALWAYS
8. NO-ONE FEELS MY HURT
9. MABEL, YOU HAVE BEEN A FRIEND TO ME
10. I WISH I LOVED SOMEBODY ELSE
PLACES I’VE DONE TIME
11. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE
12. I COULDN’T LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
13. THE GROCERY TRUCK
14. THE MAN WHO SHOT HIMSELF
15. SON OF CLAYTON DELANEY
16. MR. BOJANGLES
17. THE THREE SOFA STORY
18. THE GREAT EAST BROADWAY ONION CHAMPIONSHIP OF 1978
19. HAT FULL OF FEATHERS
20. GIMME PEACE