• DOROTHY MOORE is a R&B, Soul and Pop vocalist who hails from Jackson, Mississippi and is still enjoying a singing career that has spanned five decades and has seen her release many highly acclaimed albums that have garnered her no less than 4 Grammy Award nominations and an induction into the Mississippi Musicians Hall Of Fame. The initial stages of Moore’s career saw her first foray into the charts with a 1966 #56 Pop hit “Lullaby Of Love” with female vocal trio The Poppies before recording several solo sides for AVCO, GSF and Chimneyville to minimal commercial success.
• In 1975, after signing to the Malaco Records imprint, Moore released her first solo album MISTY BLUE and quickly gained commercial success reaching #10 R&B and #29 Pop on the U.S. album charts. Having found her niche as an exceptional balladeer Moore also gained huge critical acclaim from the industry and her musical peers.
• MISTY BLUE’s success was bolstered by the incredible ballad and title track which was released as a single and became a massive crossover hit peaking at #2 R&B and #3 Pop as well as #5 on the U.K. Pop charts. Follow up single “Funny How Time Slips Away” (a Willie Nelson song) is another beautiful ballad which also reached the R&B top ten at #7 while peaking at a very respectable #38 on the U.K. Pop chart. There are many stand out tracks on this release including a mid-tempo rendition of “Dark End Of The Street” and the bonus track “Here It Is” which was the b-side to Moore’s most successful and enduring song “Misty Blue.”
• BBR is proud to present the classic Soul album MISTY BLUE. This expanded and newly re-mastered edition comes complete with extensive liner notes and added bonus material. This BBR remaster is essential listening for all R&B, Soul, and Pop fans out there!
1. THE ONLY TIME YOU EVER SAY YOU LOVE ME
2. DARK END OF THE STREET
3. FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY
4. LAUGH IT OFF
5. MISTY BLUE
6. ENOUGH WOMAN LEFT (TO BE YOUR LADY)
7. I DON’T WANT TO BE WITH NOBODY BUT YOU
8. AIN’T THAT A MOTHER’S LUCK
9. TOO MUCH LOVE
10. IT’S SO GOOD
11. HERE IT IS