The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• The new album from the influential UK post punk band Membranes fronted by John Robb – and their first to feature a choir, adding a dark and thrilling epic edge to their songs.
• Follows the success of 2015’s critically acclaimed “Dark Matter/Dark Energy” (made following their return after 20 years), which was a 6music favourite and received positive reviews across the world.
• The album’s environmental theme was inspired by a conversation with fellow nature and post punk fan Chris Packham (who guests on the album), about the beauty and violence of nature and the transient nature of life and love.
• Sixteen epic, powerful and darkly romantic songs of powerful, epic post punk with several tracks using the BIMM. Boasts adventures into krautrock, dark dub, off kilter rhythms, death disco, tribal , dark opera, neo-classical and apocalyptic bass driven noise.
• Featuring guests such as 84-year old folk singer legend Shirley Collins, the original punk icon Jordan and Kirk Brandon from Theatre Of Hate.
• This summer, Lush (the cosmetics company) will be releasing a Membranes perfume called ‘A Strange Perfume’ after the opening track of the album.
• There will be four promotional videos to go with this album.
“A dark and brooding double album of post punk
psychedelic soundscapes under the tutelage of
Hieronymous Bosch…” ANDY CAIRNS – THERAPY
“Sounds great – the choir is a special touch”
THE MEMBRANES – FORTHCOMING DATES
May 10th – Derby
May 11 – Middlesbrough
May 16th – Festival, Mexico City
June 8th – Manchester Ritz (Album Launch)
June 22nd – Bedford Esquires
June 23rd – Brighton
July 5th – Blackpool
July 19th – Stoke
July 20th – Liverpool
August – Rebellion Festival
August – Beautiful Days Festival
1. A STRANGE PERFUME
2. WHAT NATURE GIVES … NATURE TAKES AWAY
3. A MURDER OF CROWS
4. THE CITY IS AN ANIMAL (NATURE IS ITS SLAVE)
5. THE 21ST CENTURY IS KILLING ME
6. DEEP IN THE FOREST WHERE
THE MEMORIES LINGER
7. BLACK IS THE COLOUR
8. A MURMURATION OF STARLINGS
ON BLACKPOOL PIER
9. MOTHER OCEAN/FATHER TIME
10. THE MAGICAL AND MYSTICAL
PROPERTIES OF FLOWERS
11. SNOW MONKEY
12. DEMON SEED/DEMON FLOWER
13. THE GHOSTS OF WINTER STALK THIS LAND
14. WINTER (THE BEAUTY AND VIOLENCE OF NATURE)
16. PANDORA’S BOX