The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
The new double album from the influential UK post punk band Membranes fronted by John Robb – and their first to feature a choir, adding a dark and thrilling epic edge to their songs.
• The new double album from the influential UK post punk band Membranes fronted by John Robb – and their first to feature a choir, adding a dark and thrilling epic edge to their songs.
• Follows the success of 2015’s critically acclaimed “Dark Matter/Dark Energy” (made following their return after 20 years), which was a 6music favourite and received positive reviews across the world.
• The album’s environmental theme was inspired by a conversation with fellow nature and post punk fan Chris Packham (who guests on the album), about the beauty and violence of nature and the transient nature of life and love.
• Sixteen epic, powerful and darkly romantic songs of powerful, epic post punk with several tracks using the BIMM. Boasts adventures into krautrock, dark dub, off kilter rhythms, death disco, tribal , dark opera, neo-classical and apocalyptic bass driven noise.
• Featuring guests such as 84-year old folk singer legend Shirley Collins, the original punk icon Jordan and Kirk Brandon from Theatre Of Hate.
• This summer, Lush (the cosmetics company) will be releasing a Membranes perfume called ‘A Strange Perfume’ after the opening track of the album.
• There will be four promotional videos to go with this album.
“A dark and brooding double album of post punk
psychedelic soundscapes under the tutelage of
Hieronymous Bosch…” ANDY CAIRNS – THERAPY
“Sounds great – the choir is a special touch”
THE MEMBRANES – FORTHCOMING DATES
May 10th – Derby
May 11 – Middlesbrough
May 16th – Festival, Mexico City
June 8th – Manchester Ritz (Album Launch)
June 22nd – Bedford Esquires
June 23rd – Brighton
July 5th – Blackpool
July 19th – Stoke
July 20th – Liverpool
August – Rebellion Festival
August – Beautiful Days Festival
SIDE ONE: (SPRING)
1. A STRANGE PERFUME
2. WHAT NATURE GIVES … NATURE TAKES AWAY
3. A MURDER OF CROWS
4. THE CITY IS AN ANIMAL (NATURE IS ITS SLAVE)
5. THE 21ST CENTURY IS KILLING ME
SIDE TWO: (SUMMER)
3. DEEP IN THE FOREST WHERE
THE MEMORIES LINGER
4. BLACK IS THE COLOUR
5. A MURMURATION OF STARLINGS
ON BLACKPOOL PIER
SIDE THREE (AUTUMN)
1. MOTHER OCEAN/FATHER TIME
2. THE MAGICAL AND MYSTICAL
PROPERTIES OF FLOWERS
3. SNOW MONKEY
4. DEMON SEED/DEMON FLOWER
SIDE FOUR (WINTER)
1. THE GHOSTS OF WINTER STALK THIS LAND
2. WINTER (THE BEAUTY AND VIOLENCE OF
4. PANDORA’S BOX