• Soulmusic Records is proud to present an expanded edition of “Love Attack”, the 1988 Columbia album by the late and legendary Isaac Hayes.
• Already established as a ‘70s musical icon, “Black Moses” (as he became known) had created a global audience thanks to his groundbreaking 1969 concept-driven “Hot Buttered Soul” set and the Oscar-winning ‘Theme From Shaft’ alongside a series of best-selling albums for Stax Records (where he began his career as a songwriter and producer with David Porter, creating hits for Sam & Dave and Carla Thomas among others).
• By 1986, when Isaac signed with Columbia Records, he was coming out of a hiatus from recording; with the release of “U-Turn”, he faced a very different marketplace: utilizing then-new technology, Isaac scored a double-sided U.S. R&B top 10 hit single with ‘Ike’s Rap’ and ‘Hey Girl’.
• He approached the follow up LP “Love Attack” in much the same manner and while it didn’t yield the same kind of chart success, the album contained a number of musical gems including a remake of ‘I Stand Accused’ which he’d cut for his 1970 solo debut “The Isaac Hayes Movement”; a sexy cover of the 1975 Major Harris hit, ‘Love Won’t Let Me Wait’; a version of Billy Joel’s ‘She’s Got A Way’; and the dance-driven original ‘Showdown.’
• This 2016 expanded edition includes four mixes of ‘Showdown’ along with the non-album ‘b’ side. ‘Curious’; stellar notes from UK writer Charles Waring; and great remastering by Donald Cleveland.
1. LOVE ATTACK
2. LET ME BE YOUR EVERYTHING
4. EYE OF THE STORM
5. ACCUSED RAP
6. I STAND ACCUSED ’88 (featuring BRENDA JONES WILLIAMS)
7. SHE’S GOT A WAY
8. FOREPLAY RAP
9. LOVE WON’T LET ME WAIT (featuring YASMIN JONES)
10. CURIOUS (Non-album ‘B’ side)
11. SHOWDOWN (12″ Radio Mix) (With Beep)
12. SHOWDOWN (US Columbia single edit)
13. SHOWDOWN (12″ Extended) (Without Beep)
14. SHOWDOWN (Instrumental 12″ Dub)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.