Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
£9.95Released September 3, 2021.
Includes six 1987 demos from the bands own archive with sleeve notes written by producer Gary Katz and recollections from James Grant and Paul McGeechan.
REPRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2010
• Formed in 1985 by James Grant and Paul McGeechan, both formerly of Scottish cult indie guitar band ‘Friends Again’, they joined forces with bassist Bobby Paterson and drummer Stuart Kerr to become Love and Money. They took on a more rock and soulful approach to music.
• Signing to Phonogram, they recorded their debut album ‘Love And Money’ with production by Tom Dowd. This album gained an immediate following and set up the momentum for their follow up album.
• The band spent most of 1987 demoing this, their follow up album ‘Strange Kind of Love’. This was overseen by Steely Dan producer Gary Katz and following Kerr’s departure, Toto’s Jeff Porcaro standing in on drums. Receiving mass critical acclaim the album took them to a new level of success on both sides of the ocean with the album going platinum in the UK.
• The band went on to record two further albums and cult success before calling it a day in 1994. James Grant has since released a number of acclaimed solo albums.
• Includes six 1987 demos from the bands own archive with sleeve notes written by producer Gary Katz and recollections from James Grant and Paul McGeechan.
1. HALLELUJAH MAN
2. SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
3. STRANGE KIND OF LOVE
4. AXIS OF LOVE
5. JOCELYN SQUARE
6. WALK THE LAST LINE
9. UP ESCALATOR
12. THE HALLELUJAH MAN (DEMO)
13. WALK THE LAST MILE WITH YOU (DEMO)
14. SCAPEGOATS (DEMO)
15. UP ESCALATOR (DEMO)
16. STRANGE KIND OF LOVE (DEMO)
17. AXIS OF LOVE (DEMO)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.