The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• Welsh singer Maureen Evans enjoyed a successful career across the late 1950s and 1960s, with a string of releases on Embassy, Oriole and CBS Records.
• Maureen enjoyed a No. 3 smash hit in 1962 with the catchy gem ‘Like I Do’, which lends its name to this first-ever assemblage of the singer’s complete 1960s singles A’s and B’s.
• Many of her later 45s on CBS are now extremely collectable and are reissued here for the first time in half a century.
• Maureen herself has been actively involved with this compilation, in terms of the sleeve-notes and illustrations/photos.
• Highlights include the uptempo ‘Somewhere There’s Love’, the Northern Soul collectable ‘Never Let Him Go’, her version of The Paris Sisters’ ‘He Knows I Love Him Too Much’, Maureen’s Eurovision Song Contest entry from 1963, ‘Pick The Petals’ and her other Top 40 hits ‘Paper Roses’, ‘Love Kisses And Heartaches’ and ‘I Love How You Love Me’.
• Like I Do should appeal to any fan of 60s UK femme pop. She is one of the few hit artists of the period not to have been treated to a proper CD retrospective.