Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time with a quick turnaround! Shop now... Dismiss
Although briefly available on limited edition vinyl a few years ago, Leviathan is the long-awaited, first-ever CD release of one of the legendary aborted projects of the late 1960s British psych/prog scene.
Out of stock
• Signed to the prestigious Elektra label in early 1969, Brighton-based band Mike Stuart Span changed their name to Leviathan before issuing a trio of singles for their new paymasters. However, the release of their intended debut album was cancelled at the eleventh hour by label president Jac Holzman – a crushing blow that led to the break-up of the band.
• Although briefly available on limited edition vinyl a few years ago, Leviathan is the long-awaited, first-ever CD release of one of the legendary aborted projects of the late 1960s British psych/prog scene.
• Taken from the original Elektra master tapes, this Grapefruit package adds three non-LP tracks, including a rare remix of ‘Remember The Times’ that was only issued at the time in Australia.
• With a lavish sixteen-page booklet that tells the band’s story and includes some priceless period photos and memorabilia, this release is the final, tantalising missing piece in the Mike Stuart Span/Leviathan jigsaw.
• In addition to belatedly satisfying the band’s many admirers, it is also an essential purchase for anyone who has more than a passing interest in the late Sixties British rock scene.