Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Although briefly available on limited edition vinyl a few years ago, Leviathan is the long-awaited, first-ever CD release of one of the legendary aborted projects of the late 1960s British psych/prog scene.
Out of stock
• Signed to the prestigious Elektra label in early 1969, Brighton-based band Mike Stuart Span changed their name to Leviathan before issuing a trio of singles for their new paymasters. However, the release of their intended debut album was cancelled at the eleventh hour by label president Jac Holzman – a crushing blow that led to the break-up of the band.
• Although briefly available on limited edition vinyl a few years ago, Leviathan is the long-awaited, first-ever CD release of one of the legendary aborted projects of the late 1960s British psych/prog scene.
• Taken from the original Elektra master tapes, this Grapefruit package adds three non-LP tracks, including a rare remix of ‘Remember The Times’ that was only issued at the time in Australia.
• With a lavish sixteen-page booklet that tells the band’s story and includes some priceless period photos and memorabilia, this release is the final, tantalising missing piece in the Mike Stuart Span/Leviathan jigsaw.
• In addition to belatedly satisfying the band’s many admirers, it is also an essential purchase for anyone who has more than a passing interest in the late Sixties British rock scene.