Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• CAROL WILLIAMS, from Montclair, New Jersey, was the first female singer to sign a solo recording contract with the legendary disco label Salsoul Records. With Williams vocal audition trumping all other hopefuls, allied with her extensive experience in the industry due to being an integral member of soul groups The Geminis and The Del-Rios, she was the obvious choice for the label who were looking for their equivalent of Gloria Gaynor who was riding high at the time with the success of her disco smash “Never Can Say Goodbye.”
• Williams soon got to work with legendary producer and multi-instrumentalist Vincent Montana, Jr. and his incredible Salsoul Orchestra, contributing not only several track selections but also co-writing three of the cuts on her debut offering.
• ‘LECTRIC LADY was released in 1976 where we find The Salsoul Orchestra at the peak of their musical powers delivering rich musicianship with their trademark propulsive, percussive grooves, and came hot on the heels of the success of the first single from the album, “More.” Regarded as an early disco classic “More,” a cover of a Kai Winding song, set pulses racing on the dance floors catapulting this smooth and lushly orchestrated track, which builds the tension to its climax, to a peak of #4 on the U.S. disco charts, paving the way for the album’s release. Follow up singles “Come Back” and “Love Is You” solidified Williams dance floor credentials with the latter being considered a club classic and inspiring Italian dance producer Spiller to sample the hook on the worldwide dance hit “Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love)” which topped both the U.K. and Australian pop charts in 2000.
• Newly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus material, BBR is proud to present ‘LECTRIC LADY. Essential listening for all R&B, Soul, Funk, Disco and Dance fans out there!
1. LOVE IS YOU
2. THIS TIME MAY BE THE LAST TIME
4. JUST FEEL
5. MY TIME OF NEED
6. COME BACK
7. DANGER SIGN
9. YOU’RE SO MUCH A PART OF ME
10. COME BACK (12” VERSION)
11. LOVE IS YOU (“A TOM MOULTON MIX”)
12. COME BACK (12” VERSION)
13. MORE (SINGLE VERSION)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.