Formerly part of the ‘70s soul & funk groups Love Craft and High Voltage, Lalomie was backup singer to legends of the likes of Ray Charles, Ike & Tina Turner and Chaka Khan, and songwriter for Buddy Miles, The Brothers Johnson and Aretha Franklin.
Lalomie Washburn signed to Parachute Records in 1977 and enjoyed a solo recording career stretching up to the mid-‘90s, when she released a further album and a string of well received dance 12 inch singles.
This release combines Lalomie’s first solo album “My Music Is Hot” (1977) with all of her singles and b-sides from the ‘70s Parachute recording era.
Includes the singles ‘My Love Is Hot (Caliente Un Amour), ‘Man Power (Can You Do It)’, ‘Double Funkin’ and ‘Two Sides’, plus all b-sides and alternative mixes from each of her early releases on Parachute.
Booklet includes full sleeve notes, plus rarely seen photos of Lalomie taken throughout her recording career.
All material contained within has been fully remastered especially for this release.
1. GIVE ME LOVE WITH THE MUSIC
2. DOUBLE FUNKIN’
3. MY LOVE IS HOT (CALIENTE)
4. MAN POWER (CAN YOU DO IT)
5. SHADE OF BLUE
6. FREAKY STRANGENESS
7. WHAT’S LOVE
8. MY LOVE IS HOT (CALIENTE UN AMOUR) (7” VERSION 1)
9. MAN POWER (CAN YOU DO IT) (EXTENDED 12” VERSION)
10. TWO SIDES (STEREO)
11. DOUBLE FUNKIN’ (7” VERSION)
12. GIVE ME LOVE WITH THE MUSIC (7” VERSION)
13. MY LOVE IS HOT (CALIENTE UN AMOUR) (7” VERSION 2)
14. MAN POWER (CAN YOU DO IT) (ROUGH MIX)
15. TWO SIDES (MONO)