Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
BBR is thrilled to present this expanded and remastered edition of JOY in a deluxe super jewel case with brand new interviews with Reggie Calloway and Miles Jaye and five bonus remixes.
Out of stock
• Having begun his career as the main vocalist for Philly Soul pioneers, Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, Teddy Pendergrass maintained an assured presence that always sounded like it was in partnership with the music. It’s this kind of conviction that would continue on through Pendergrass’ solo work that would, in turn, stand out as one of the most truly distinctive voices of Philly Soul. Pendergrass would continue this successful relationship on Philadelphia International from 1977-1983 before signing with Elektra/Asylum Records.
• 1988’s JOY (R&B #2/Pop #54/UK #45) marks Pendergrass’ debut release on the Elektra imprint and expands the electro-soul stylings that informed much of his 80s output. It’s Pendergrass’ vocal delivery that prompts that delivery which remains as personable as ever.
• The title track (R&B #1/Pop #77/UK #58) echoed the commercial success of Pendergrass’ years with Philadelphia International and the most effective production by the Calloway brothers.
• The Miles Jaye produced ‘2 A.M.’ (R&B #2) continues on with a gentle groove whilst ‘Love is the Power’ (R&B #57) utilises the redefined self-assurance in Pendergrass’ vocal delivery as well as a horn section subtly interwoven into the song’s pop template.
• BBR is thrilled to present this expanded and remastered edition of JOY in a deluxe super jewel case with brand new interviews with Reggie Calloway and Miles Jaye and five bonus remixes.
2. 2 A.M.
3. GOOD TO YOU
4. I’M READY
5. LOVE IS THE POWER
6. THIS IS THE LAST TIME
7. THROUGH THE FALLING RAIN (LOVE STORY)
8. CAN WE BE LOVERS
9. 2 A.M. (12” ALL NIGHT MIX)
10. JOY (12” EXTENDED REMIX)
11. 2 A.M. (12” 4 A.M. MIX)
12. JOY (12” INSTRUMENTAL)
13. 2 A.M. (12” 6 A.M. MIX)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.