• THE INSPIRAL CARPETS – along with the Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays – made their name as part of the whole ‘Madchester’ scene, with a string of classic singles and a lucrative line in iconic T-shirts.
• Between 1989 and 1995, the band notched up 15 hits and four Top 20 albums. In 2003, they re-formed and have been playing live ever since. In 2011, they reunited with original singer Stephen Holt.
• In September, the band unveil their first new album of studio material for two decades, simply entitled INSPIRAL CARPETS. The album was recorded over the past year or so in Airtight Studios, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, south Manchester and has been mixed by Jim Spencer (The Charlatans, etc.).
• The album is fanfared by a brand new single, “Spitfire”, which is released at the end of August. The record also includes their previous Record Store Day single “You’re So Good For Me”.
• Another of the LP’s highlights is the garage punk opus “Let You Down”, which boasts an amazing and unique cameo by special guest and legendary punk poet John Cooper Clarke!
PLEASE NOTE ALL SIGNED COPIES OF THIS ALBUM HAVE NOW SOLD OUT!
3. YOU’RE SO GOOD FOR ME
4. A TO Z OF MY HEART
5. CALLING OUT TO YOU
6. FLYING LIKE A BIRD
2. HEY NOW
3. OUR TIME
4. FOREVER HERE
5. LET YOU DOWN
(featuring John Cooper Clarke)
6. HUMAN SHIELD