• Led by Cliff Ward (subsequently better known as Seventies singer-songwriter Clifford T. Ward), Worcestershire-based band the Secrets (a.k.a. Simon’s Secrets) released a glorious rush of witty, vibrant, hook-laden, sub-three minute pop nuggets between 1966 and 1968.
• Five singles emerged during this Swinging-London-into-psychedelia timeframe, while a whole host of equally impressive, locally-recorded demos cut at the same juncture remained on the cutting-room floor for several decades.
• Infatuation gathers all of these singles, alternative versions and works-in-progress group recordings to provide a fascinating document of an outfit who never quite achieved the commercial success that they deserved.
• The release features half-a-dozen previously unissued recordings, including hitherto unknown-to-exist Ward songs ‘Poor Johnny’ and ‘Looking Down The Glass’. It also includes two versions of his song ‘Path Through The Forest’, subsequently turned into a UK psych classic by the Factory.
N.B: This title is released 20th November 2015 and will not be dispatched before this date.
2. I THINK I NEED THE CASH
3. SHE’S DANGEROUS
4. SUCH A PITY
5. NAUGHTY BOY
6. I KNOW WHAT HER NAME IS
7. KEEPING MY HEAD ABOVE WATER
8. I SUPPOSE
10. I INTEND TO PLEASE
11. PATH THROUGH THE FOREST
12. WHAT A NICE SURPRISE
13. THE GLORIA BOSOM SHOW
14. I’LL KEEP ON CLOSING MY EYES
15. LOOKING DOWN THE GLASS*
16. THE SAME APPLIES TO YOU
18. COATHANGER (demo version #1)*
19. NAUGHTY BOY (demo version #1)*
20. THE SESSION SINGER (demo version)
21. THE MULE
22. POOR JOHNNY*
23. SYMPATHY (demo version)*
24. I KNOW WHAT HER NAME IS (demo version)
25. KEEPING MY HEAD ABOVE WATER (demo version)
26. COATHANGER (demo version #2)
27. NAUGHTY BOY (demo version #2)*
28. PATH THROUGH THE FOREST (demo version)
* Previously unreleased
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.