Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• ZAGER & EVANS was the duo of US folk-rockers Denny Zager and Rick Evans.
• They are fondly remembered for their classic 1969 single, ‘In The Year 2525’, a prophetic forewarning of technology taking over humanity in centuries to come.
• ‘In The Year 2525’ was No. 1 on both sides of the Atlantic in July 1969, in the aftermath of the hit movies Planet Of The Apes and 2001: A Space Odyssey — and as all things futuristic were in the news as Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.
• The single is one of the best-loved in pop history, having been covered more than 60 times in seven different languages.
• This 24-track CD features 2525 (Exordium And Terminus), the US hit LP that spawned the single, and its follow-up Zager & Evans, released in 1969 and 1970, respectively.
• Also featured are four non-LP bonus tracks, including the ‘censored’ version of the duo’s controversial follow-up single ‘Mr. Turnkey’.
• In The Year 2525 includes a detailed interview with songwriter Rick Evans.