Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr came to the public’s attention as the primary vocalists within the hugely successful vocal group the 5th Dimension. Between 1966 and 1974 the group’s singles released on Soul City and Bell Records became era defining pop, soul and easy listening classics ‘Up, Up And Away’, ‘Stone Soul Picnic’, ‘Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In’ and ‘One Less Bell To Answer’ made particular impact with record buyers the world over
• Marilyn and Billy had married in 1969 and eventually left the group in 1975 to launch themselves and struck gold immediately with their first recordings as a duo. Produced by Don Davis (Johnnie Taylor, The Dramatics), the charming million-selling single ‘You Don’t Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)’ went to number one on Billboard’s R&B and pop charts in 1976. The single also hit #7 in the UK and became a bigger hit internationally than any of their previous hits with the 5th Dimension, the song continues to be an Adult Contemporary radio favourite the world over to this day.
• ‘You Don’t Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)’ was featured on the duo’s début album on ABC Records I HOPE WE GET TO LOVE IN TIME. As with the hit single, production duties were delivered by Don Davis who was riding high on the success of his other US Pop/R&B #1 of 1976, ‘Disco Lady’ by Johnnie Taylor.
• Other highlights from the album include the upbeat follow-up single, ‘Your Love,’ (R&B #9/Pop #15) and the languid title track and first single ‘I Hope We Get To Love In Time,’ which peaked at R&B #37/Pop #91.
• BBR is very proud to present I HOPE WE GET TO LOVE IN TIME, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks. Essential listening for all Soul, Disco, and Pop fans.
1. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A STAR (TO BE IN MY SHOW)
2. YOUR LOVE
3. I STILL WILL BE WITH YOU
4. NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO
5. NOTHING CAN STOP ME
6. YOU CAN’T CHANGE MY HEART
7. I HOPE WE GET TO LOVE IN TIME
8. MY LOVE FOR YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME
9. EASY WAY OUT
10. WE’VE GOT TO GET IT ON AGAIN
11. I’M SO GLAD I FOUND YOU
12. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A STAR (TO BE IN MY SHOW) (Single Version)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.