The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• A NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD DELUXE EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1971 ALBUM BY PATTO
• EXPANDED OVER TWO CDs TO FEATURE THIRTEEN BONUS TRACKS (TEN PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED) INCLUDING FIVE TRACKS RECORDED FOR BBC RADIO “IN CONCERT” & A STUDIO SESSION FROM JUNE 1971
• INCLUDES BOOKLET WITH NEW LINER NOTES & RARE PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORABILIA
• REVIEWS IN NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS, “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR”, “CLASSIC ROCK” & “PROG” MAGAZINES & SPECIALIST RADIO
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1971 album “Hold Your Fire” by the legendary Patto.
One of the truly great bands of the early 1970s, Patto featured a line-up comprising Mike Patto (vocals), Ollie Halsall (guitar, vibes, keyboards, vocals), Clive Griffiths (bass) and John Halsey (drums). The band arose from the ashes of the group Timebox and recorded their self-titled debut album in 1970. Patto were graced by the presence of the stunning guitar playing of Ollie Halsall and a highly original and unique musical style that set them aside from their Progressive Rock contemporaries of the era. “Hold Your Fire” was the band’s second album and includes such classics as ‘You, You Point Your Finger’, ‘Hold Your Fire’ and ‘Air Raid Shelter’.
This Esoteric Recordings remastered & expanded edition has been fully sanctioned by all members of Patto and their representatives (for the first time ever) and is now a two CD set with thirteen bonus tracks including five out-takes from the album recording sessions (two previously unreleased) and eight previously unreleased BBC session recordings from 1971 including a legendary session for the BBC Radio One “In Concert” series in March 1971 (featuring guest guitarist Bernie Holland) and a session for “Sounds of the Seventies” from June 1971
This expanded edition also includes an illustrated booklet with an essay by Sid Smith and an exclusive interview with John Halsey.