• The long awaited reissue of Betty Boo’s 2nd album ‘Grrr!’, 24 years after its original release.
• This Deluxe Edition includes the 10 original album tracks plus 20 related bonus tracks all sourced from the original master tapes.
• Betty Boo’s original breakthrough came with the release of ‘Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (To That Music You’re Playing) as The Beatmasters featuring Betty Boo on Rhythm King in 1989. Her debut album “Boomania” followed in 1990 peaking at #4 in the UK album charts and achieved platinum status of 300,000 sales. The album featured three further singles Doin’ The Do, Where Are You Baby? and 24 Hours. In 1991 Betty Boo won a Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act.
• She then switched labels signing to WEA and set about recording the tracks with John Coxon, one half of the King John team that had worked on the ‘Boomania’ album. Recorded at John Coxon’s own studio and mixed at Sarm West ‘Grrr!’ was released with a generous marketing and promotion campaign in an attempt to take her to the next level.
• Packed full of pop gems in Boo’s unique style, Grrr! provided 3 UK singles;
• ‘Let Me Take You There’: this release includes the album and 12″ versions plus the Streets Ahead Ubiquity, Take U There and Away mixes.
• ‘I’m On My Way’: this release includes the album version and Vince Clarke’s Batman & Robin mix and the Tumpin’ Dub and Boo Choons mixes by Betty Boo and Sweet Paulino.
• ‘Hangover’: this release includes the album and 12″versions plus the Streets Ahead remixes – Saturday Night & Sunday Morning. The Sunday Morning remix was previously unavailable in the UK.
• This compilation also includes mixes from the US only single releases;
• ‘Thing Goin’ On’: this release includes the album version, the radio remix, club mix and the Underground mix by US DJ/Producer MK (Marc Kinchen). Three of these mixes were previously unavailable in the UK.
• ‘Catch Me’: this release includes the album and David Morales’ 12″ version, also the original version and the London Underground mix feature. Three of these mixes were previously unavailable in the UK.
• Other bonus tracks include 7″ and 12″ versions of the b/sides ‘Jet Sex’ and ‘Platform Shoe Shuffle’ and five tracks appear on CD for the first time having previously only been available on vinyl.
• All the tracks have been sourced from the original master-tapes.
• The CD booklet features the original album front cover plus extensive sleeve notes and a UK discography.
1. I’M ON MY WAY
2. THING GOIN’ ON
4. CURLY AND GIRLY
5. WISH YOU WERE HERE
6. LET ME TAKE YOU THERE
7. GAVE YOU THE BOO
8. SKIN TIGHT
9. CATCH ME
10. CLOSE THE DOOR
11. JET SEX (7″ VERSION)
12. PLATFORM SHOE SHUFFLE (7″ EDIT) *
13. I’M ON MY WAY (TUMPIN’ DUB)
14. LET ME TAKE YOU THERE (UBIQUITY MIX)
15. HANGOVER (SUNDAY MORNING REMIX) #
16. THING GOIN’ ON (MK RADIO REMIX) #
17. CATCH ME (12″ VERSION) #
1. LET ME TAKE YOU THERE (12” VERSION) *
2. I’M ON MY WAY (THE BATMAN AND ROBIN MIX)
3. HANGOVER (12” MIX) *
4. THING GOIN’ ON (MK CLUB MIX) #
5. CATCH ME (ORIGINAL VERSION) #
6. JET SEX (12″ VERSION)
7. PLATFORM SHOE SHUFFLE (EXTENDED VERSION)
8. LET ME TAKE YOU THERE (AWAY MIX)
9. I’M ON MY WAY (BOO CHOONS)
10. HANGOVER (SATURDAY NIGHT REMIX)
11. CATCH ME (LONDON UNDERGROUND MIX) # *
12. THING GOIN’ ON (MK UNDERGROUND MIX) #
13. LET ME TAKE YOU THERE (TAKE U THERE MIX) *
# Previously unreleased in the UK
* Previously only released on vinyl
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.