The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2016
• The two albums twinned in this collection might cause slight confusion by their titles. Why have a “Biggest Hits” in 1985 when a “Greatest Hits” came out three years earlier? But the releases, with different recordings, simply prove the immense success of this singer as she quickly piled one hit upon another.
• Born 26th March 1956 native Tennessean Charlotte Denise McClain’s country music preferences blended in well with the rock, jazz and blues sounds that surrounded her as she grew up in Memphis, a city that’s a real melting pot of music.
• She sang in her brother’s band, known as Charlotte and the Volunteers, had regular appearances on the local country music show “Mid-South Jamboree” and toured with artists such as O.B. McClinton. This led onto a deal with Epic Records in 1976 with “Charlotte” being dropped for the more catchy “Charly”.
• A 39 hit recording career that spanned 13 years saw her distinctive vocals surpass many others emerging on the scene. With her natural beauty and sophistication giving rise to offers of modelling sessions from “Playboy” and “Penthouse” magazines (both turned down) television was to greatly benefit from her presence when videos became part of the country music norm.
• Although Charly continued as a chart artist until the end of the 1980s she virtually retired from the music scene by the early 1990s when she chose to devote time to domestic life in South Western Tennessee.
1. SLEEPIN’ WITH THE RADIO ON
2. LET’S PUT OUR LOVE IN MOTION
3. I’LL LOVE AWAY YOUR TROUBLES FOR A WHILE
4. THE VERY BEST IS YOU
5. WHO’S CHEATIN’ WHO
6. YOU’RE A PART OF ME
7. TAKE ME BACK
8. IT’S TOO LATE TO LOVE ME NOW
10. SURROUND ME WITH LOVE
11. PARADISE TONIGHT (WITH MICKEY GILLEY)
12. FLY INTO LOVE
13. SENTIMENTAL OL’ YOU
14. DANCING YOUR MEMORY AWAY
15. WITH JUST ONE LOOK IN YOUR EYES (with Wayne Massey)
16. RADIO HEART
17. WOMEN GET LONELY
18. BAND OF GOLD
19. WITH YOU
20. SOME HEARTS GET ALL THE BREAKS