“Music is love, I feel it in every fiber of my being. A precious gift … love to, have to, got to sing!” — Denise Montana, 2016.
• Vincent Montana Jr. (1928–2013), known as Vince Montana, was an American composer, arranger, and percussionist, best known as a member of MFSB and as the founder of the Salsoul Orchestra. After scoring many disco hits with both orchestras, Montana signed a deal with Atlantic Records in 1978. He then decided to launch the studio group GOODY GOODY with his daughter Denise Montana on lead vocals.
• The album spun off three singles, the most successful of which was the first. “#1 Dee Jay” became an instant club hit making #16 on the Disco chart. The single later charted both Pop, R&B and even made the UK single chart.
• ‘It Looks Like Love’ was issued as a follow-up single next and, although it did not make much noise at the time, later became a hugely sought after Disco classic. Its b-side ‘Super-Jock’ got more play at the time and was flipped to become the group’s third single in 1979.
• VINCENT MONTANA JR. PRESENTS GOODY GOODY made #50 on the Soul album chart and spun off another club hit in the form of ‘Bio-Rhythms’.
• Big Break Records is proud to present the first ever CD release of VINCENT MONTANA JR. PRESENTS GOODY GOODY, newly remastered and presented in a super-jewel case complete with a brand new interview with Denise Montana and five bonus tracks. The release is a must for all Soul, Funk and Disco fans.