The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• B.T. Express, the hard-hitting funk juggernaut from Brooklyn, New York, took the R&B world by storm in 1974 with their immense debut single, the classic funk jam Do It (‘Til You’re Satisfied), which topped the R&B charts and was only kept off #1 Pop by Billy Preston. Starting their recording career with Roadshow Records, initially distributed by Scepter Records, on the strength of the group’s debut, before moving on to Columbia distribution, B.T. Express forged a formidable reputation as one of the world’s best disco/funk outfits clocking up ten R&B hit singles and seven top 50 R&B albums during their highly-acclaimed career.
• BBR have distilled the very best of the group’s recordings into a comprehensive two-disc anthology package selected from all seven of the group’s studio albums. Do It (‘Til You’re Satisfied) (74) and Non-Stop (75), both #1 R&B, provide the early funk bombs ‘Do It (‘Til You’re Satisfied)’, ‘Express’, ‘Mental Telepathy’, ‘This House Is Smokin’’, ‘Give It What You Got’, ‘Peace Pipe’ and ‘You Got It, I Want It’.
• Embracing the emerging disco attitudes to add to their funk stew during their time with Columbia the group dropped four LPs from 76-80 and the R&B hits ‘Can’t Stop Groovin’ Now Wanna Do It Some More’, ‘Shout It Out’, ‘Give Up The Funk (Let’s Dance)’ and ‘Stretch’. B.T. Express also displayed a smoother side with the stand out grooves ‘Sunshine’ and ‘Does It Feel Good’.
• From their final LP Keep It Up (82), which is exactly what this multifaceted party band did with their infectious grooves throughout their career, are the disco/dance gems ‘Star Child (Spirit Of The Night)’ and ‘This Must Be The Night For Love’.
• Big Break Records is proud to present the two-disc collection Give Up The Funk: The B.T. Express Anthology (1974-1982). Featuring all of the band’s hits and new liner notes written by Stephen Schnee, this is an essential addition to any Funk, R&B and Disco fans collection.