The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• SILVER CONVENTION started life in Munich in 1974 as Silver Bird Convention when German song writing and producing partners Michael Kunzte and Sylvester Levay released the single ‘Save Me’ on Jupiter Records, enlisting three session singers to take care of the minimal vocal refrain on the track. With the “Bird” soon dropped from the acts name ‘Save Me’ became an international Disco hit heralding the start of continued success throughout the 70’s.
• GET UP AND BOOGIE was the group’s second album released in 1976 and capitalized on the success of their debut, which is also available on BBR. Simply titled “Silver Convention” for the US market, GET UP AND BOOGIE confirmed the group’s reputation for very catchy, accessible dance floor music that was at the forefront of the Euro-disco movement.
• The first single and opening title track ‘Get Up And Boogie,’ well known as the groups most famous track, took them back to the top end of the charts, as well as being a big hit in the clubs, due to its easy disco style and simple lyrical refrain. Reaching #5 on both the US R&B and Disco charts, as well as #2 and #7 in the US and UK Pop charts respectively it was one of the biggest global disco tracks of the year and still endures to this day. Second single ‘No, No, Joe,’ a funky mid-tempo track with trademark strings also charted at #34 R&B and #14 Disco in the US.
• Other standout tracks are the classy ‘San Francisco Hustle,’ the down tempo reggae influenced ‘The Boy With The Ooh-La-La,’ the funky, string drenched, slow jam ‘You Turned Me On (But You Can’t Turn Me Off)’ and closing ballad ‘Thank You, Mr. D.J.’
• BBR is very proud to present GET UP AND BOOGIE, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks. Essential listening for all Funk, Disco, Dance and Pop fans.
1. GET UP AND BOOGIE
2. NO, NO, JOE
3. YOU TURNED ME ON (BUT YOU CAN’T TURN ME OFF)
4. SAN FRANCISCO HUSTLE
5. YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES (TO PLEASE YOU’RE WOMAN)
6. THE BOY WITH OOH-LA-LA
7. OLD WINE, NEW BOTTLES
8. PLAY ME LIKE A YO-YO
9. THANK YOU, MR. D.J.
10. Get Up and Boogie (12″ Version)
11. No, No, Joe (12″ Version)
12. Get Up and Boogie (Alternative Disco Version) PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.