Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• THE GAP BAND enjoyed huge success throughout the 70s and 80s with their unique sound and contribution to the Funk scene. Formed in 1967 in their hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma, brothers Charlie, Ronnie and Robert Wilson first went by the name Greenwood, Archer and Pine Street Band, later shortening the name to THE GAP BAND in 1973. LA Producer, Lonnie Simmons, signed them to his label, Total Experience Records, setting in motion what would be the start of a long and prosperous relationship between THE GAP BAND and Simmons.
• The group scored many notable hits in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s including ‘I Don’t Believe You Want To Get Up And Dance (Oops!, Up Side Your Head)’ (R&B #4), ‘Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)’ (R&B #1) and ‘Early In The Morning’ (R&B #1) before releasing this, GAP BAND V – JAMMIN’, hot on the heels of their most successful album, Gap Band IV. GAP BAND V – JAMMIN’, released in 1983, reached #1 R&B and #28 Pop and was certified Gold.
• The first US single released from this album was the fresh, festive, funky dance floor work out, ‘Party Train,’ which reached #3 R&B and #101 Pop, with its infectious groove and call to “…get on board.” Second US single ‘Jam The Motha’ (R&B #16) is another call to the dance floor. Third US single ‘I’m Ready (If You’re Ready)’ (R&B #74) had already been issued as the album’s first UK single, but it was the second UK release that made impact. “Someday” featured a guest appearance by STEVIE WONDER and became their second biggest UK hit to date when it made #17.
• BBR is very proud to present GAP BAND V – JAMMIN’, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks. Essential listening for all R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco fans and the fifth BBR remaster of The Gap Band’s studio albums.
1. INTRODUCTION – WHERE ARE WE GOING
2. SHAKE A LEG
3. I’M READY (IF YOU’RE READY)
4. YOU’RE MY EVERYTHING
5. JAMMIN’ IN AMERICA
7. PARTY TRAIN
8. JAM THE MOTHA’
9. I EXPECT MORE
10. YOU’RE SOMETHING SPECIAL
11. SOMEDAY (Featuring STEVIE WONDER)
12. PARTY TRAIN (Special Dance Mix)
13. JAM THE MOTHA (Party Mix)
14. JAM THE MOTHA (Munchkin People Mix)
15. I’M READY (IF YOU’RE READY) (12” Version)
16. SHAKE A LEG (Dub Version)
17. PARTY TRAIN (Single Version)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.